It is compulsory for all income-earning individuals to avail a PAN Card. A PAN Card can be obtained from the Income Tax Department of India following the submission of the required documents, and individuals who wish to start a new bank account will be required to mention their PAN when applying for an Oriental Bank of Commerce Bank account. Individuals who do not possess a PAN Card can fill up Form 60/61 and submit it to the bank, but the reason as to why he / she does not possess a PAN Card will have to be mentioned.
If you want to update your PAN Card or link your PAN Card with your OBC Bank account at a later date can simply visit a branch of the bank with the necessary documents and complete the process in a relatively short period of time.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Link your PAN Card with your OBC Account (Offline Mode)
Following is a simple procedure that you can follow to link your PAN Card with your Oriental Bank of Commerce account:
- Visit the branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce where you had opened the account.
- Request for the KYC Form (Pan Card Updation Form) so that your PAN information can be updated in your account.
- Complete the form and cross-check to ensure that all the information provided by you is accurate.
- Carry documents such as the filled in KYC Form and your PAN Card’s self-attested photocopy and submit them along with a letter addressed to the Branch Manager, containing the subject Updation of PAN Card.
Individuals are requested to carry their original PAN Card when they visit the bank to update their PAN information. The whole process to link your PAN Card to your OBC Bank account can be completed in less than 15 minutes once you are at the bank. Once you have completed the process, you can be sure that there will be no problems when you wish to avail a TDS Certificate (Form 16) from the bank. Make sure that the details you entered in the form are accurate because inconsistencies can result in tax deduction on the interest you earn on your deposits in Oriental Bank of Commerce.
Necessity to Link PAN Number with Oriental Bank of Commerce Account
Linking your PAN Card with your OBC Bank account can significantly increase convenience while banking in addition to delivering several benefits. However, failure to link your PAN Card with your OBC Bank account can cause unnecessary issues. For example, if your PAN information has not been updated with OBC Bank, you will be required to pay tax on the interest you earn on your deposits. Individuals who have their PAN Cards but have not linked their information with OBC Bank will not be granted their TDS Certificate (Form 16) by the bank, making it extremely important to link your PAN Card with your OBC Bank account.
Link PAN to Essential Accounts
Link PAN Card to Other Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with SBI Account
- Link PAN Card to ICICI Account
- Link PAN Card to HDFC Account
- Link PAN Card to PNB Account
- Link PAN Card to Kotak Mahindra Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Canara Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with UCO Bank Account
- Link PAN Card to Axis Bank Account
- Link PAN Card with United Bank Account