Linking your PAN card with Aadhaar has been made mandatory for certain services, such as filing your income tax returns. As per a recent directive from the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 30 September 2019.
If you want to link your Aadhaar with your PAN card, you can visit 'How to Link Aadhaar Card and PAN Card' for more information
If you have already linked/seeded your PAN with your Aadhaar, you can check the status both online as well as offline.
The Income tax Department's e-Filing portal provides an easy and simple way to link your Aadhaar card with PAN card as well as to check the same.
Simply Follow The Below Steps To Check The Status Of Your Pan Card Seeding With Aadhaar.
- Visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click 'Link Aadhaar' under the 'Quick Links' tab
- Next, select 'Click here' to view the status if you have already submitted Link Aadhaar request
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar Number
- Click on 'View Link Aadhaar Status'
- The status of the linking is displayed in the next screen
Through Income Tax Department's SMS Facility
To check the status of PAN-Aadhaar linking through SMS, the user needs to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format:
UIDPAN <12 digit Aadhaar number> <10 digit Permament Account Number>
If the linking is successful, a message reading "Aadhaar...is already associated with PAN..in ITD database. Thank you for using our services."