Linking your PAN card with Aadhaar has been made mandatory for certain services, such as filing your income tax returns. As per a recent directive from the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 30 June 2021.
If you want to link your Aadhaar with your PAN card, you can visit 'How to Link Aadhaar Card and PAN Card' for more information
If you have already linked/seeded your PAN with your Aadhaar, you can check the status both online as well as offline.
The Income tax Department's e-Filing portal provides an easy and simple way to link your Aadhaar card with PAN card as well as to check the same.
Table of Contents
Simply Follow The Below Steps To Check The Status Of Your Pan Card Seeding With Aadhaar.
- Visit www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/aadhaarstatus
- Enter PAN and Aadhaar Number
- Click on 'View Link Aadhaar Status'
- The status of the linking is displayed in the next screen
Through Income Tax Department's SMS Facility
To check the status of PAN-Aadhaar linking through SMS, the user needs to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format:
UIDPAN < 12 digit Aadhaar number> < 10 digit Permament Account Number>
If the linking is successful, a message reading "Aadhaar...is already associated with PAN..in ITD database. Thank you for using our services."
Link PAN Card to Bank Accounts Online
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Do I need any other documents at the time of linking my Aadhaar and PAN on the e-filing website?
- The system is showing me the ‘Identity Data Mismatch’ error message when I am trying to link my Aadhaar and PAN. What should I do?
- How can I make changes or rectification to the details on my PAN or Aadhaar?
- In the case of a Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), whose Aadhaar number has to be linked with the respective PAN?
- What will happen if I do not link my PAN and Aadhaar?
No, you would need just your Aadhaar number and PAN for this purpose. However, the personal details on both the documents should match to make sure that the linking is done successfully.
The Aadhaar and PAN seeding process is completed after the simultaneous verification of both the Aadhaar and PAN database. If any of the personal details, including name, date of birth, gender, etc. do not match, the seeding process will not be successful and the ‘Identity Data Mismatch’ error message will be displayed on the portal. In such cases, you will be required to find out the error in either databases and get it rectified to proceed with the linking process.
You can check, verify, and modify the details for your PAN through the official NSDL portal and the same can be done for your Aadhaar using the official UIDAI portal.
In the case of Hindu Undivided Family or HUF, the Aadhaar number of the Karta or the principal person of the family is required to be linked with the PAN.
If you do not link your PAN and Aadhaar, your PAN will become inoperative as per the announcement made by the Ministry of Finance.