*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold rates are set to recover in 2016, owing to a host of factors including improving fundamentals and increase in demand for the precious metal has a safe-haven asset among others, according to analysts. From inflation and oil prices to US economic data and quantitative easing, gold rates are affected by a wide range of economic and political developments. India’s current account deficit, inflation, economic outlook and investment inflow also influence the price of Gold across the country. Furthermore, Gold rates vary from city to city in India due to transportation costs, local taxes, procurement and so forth.
Bellary is one of the major commercial hubs in the state of Karnataka. Bellary also known as the city of iron ore is rich is both metallic and non-metallic resources. The precious yellow metal is widely considered a traditional form of investment. In many ways, Gold is viewed as an ancient currency handed down from generation to generation. Also, Gold is used as a collateral to avail of loans to meet financial requirements.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,820 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.3,005 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,930 per gram||Rs.3,005 per gram||Rs.2,900 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram on 23rd & 24th January||Rs.3,005 per gram from 27th and 28th February||Rs.3,005 per gram on 1st of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,820 per gram on 1st & 2nd January||Rs.2,945 per gram on 1st February||Rs.2,855 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in January 2017:
- In January, gold was trading at Rs.2,820 per gram, which increased over the next few days as demand increased
- Gold rate in Bellary reached their highest during the 4th week i.e., the 23rd and 24th of January when they reached Rs.2,970 per gram.
- Rate trends were so good that prices on the 1st were the lowest for the entire month.
- Price trends increase by 3.90% for the month of January as bullion industry seemed to recover from the impact of demonetisation.
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in February 2017:
- Like January 2017, February also saw gold prices maintain their positive trend, albeit at a much lower level.
- During February, gold prices saw some ups and downs, most of which came within the 11th and the 20th, which was when business seemed to slow down.
- Gold rates hit their highest towards the end of the month, on 27th and 28th, when they were trading at Rs.3,005 per gram.
- Despite plenty of fluctuations during the month, gold rates seemed to consolidate towards the end of the month.
- Gold rates inflated at a rate of 2.03% during the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in March 2017:
- After a slightly less productive month in February, gold prices seemed to bounce back during the month of March.
- This is when demand seemed to increase, owing to a number of decisions taken by US President Donald Trump.
- With Donald Trump exercising more of his power, market seemed to hit their volatile best on a constant basis.
- Despite seeing a productive month in terms of price trends, gold prices didn’t really hit a high point after the 1st when the metal was trading at Rs.3,005 per gram.
- Price trends in Bellary saw an incline to the tune of 3.49% for the month of March.
- Overall, gold price trends saw an average incline of 3.14% during the first quarter of 2017.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary for October 2016 to December 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,160 per gram||Rs.3,060 per gram||Rs.2,905 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,060 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram||Rs.2,820 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,160 per gram on 1st October||Rs.3,180 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,905 per gram on 1st December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,023 per gram on 17th October||Rs.2,931 per gram on 24th November||Rs.2,765 per gram on 16th December, 22nd December and 23rd December|
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in October 2016
- Demand and market conditions in India and abroad determines the rate of gold. Higher the demand, higher is the rate. This precious metal also determines the currency value. Due to ongoing wedding season, gold traded at a healthy Rs.3,160 per gram on the 1st of October due to which demand for this precious metal was quite high.
- Price of gold was steady at this rate for the next two days as well but a slight decline in gold rates was seen.
- Few fluctuations were seen in the rate of gold as the month progressed. Gold rate varied between Rs.3,020 per gram and Rs.3,030 per gram until November the 13th..
- On 17th of October, price of gold was Rs.3,016 per gram which was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month. Price of gold improved slightly after this.
- On the final day of the week, gold was priced at Rs. 3,060 per gram and an overall decline of 3.16% was noted in gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in November 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,060 per gram on the 1st of November.
- There was a slight increase noted in the rate of gold on November 2nd to trade at Rs.3,095 per gram. Gold rate shot up to Rs.3,115 per gram on the next day which was one the highest for the week. However, as the week progressed, the price of gold shot up to Rs.3,120 per gram on the 5th of November and 6th of November.
- This rate however could not be sustained however and decreased the next day itself.
- On the 9th of November however, gold rate was Rs.3,180 per gram which was also the highest rate at which gold was priced at for this month.
- However, this rate could also not be maintained and started decreasing the next day itself and continued reducing thereafter.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demonetization policy resulted in a cash crunch, denting the demand for gold. However, external market factors prevented from gold rates from completely reducing.
- Towards the third week of November, price of gold fluctuated between Rs.3,010 per gram and Rs.2,985 per gram.
- On 24th November, gold rate plunged to Rs.2,931 per gram which was the lowest price of gold for the entire month of November.
- There were a few marginal fluctuations noted in gold rates as the month progressed.
- Overall, a decline of 4.24% was noted in gold rates during November with respect to the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Bellary in December 2016
- Gold traded of Rs.2,905 per gram for 24 karat gold on the 1st of December. This was also the highest rate at which gold traded for the month of December.
- Price of gold was relatively low as compared to November. Demonetisation and President Trump’s nomination in the United States resulted in a cash crunch and market fluctuations respectively.
- This rate however, was not sustained and rate of gold reduced slightly the next day before increasing again, although not as high as seen on the 1st of the month.
- Variations in gold rate was noted throughout the month.
- During the second week of December, the gold rate was Rs.2,825 per gram until the 14th of December after which prices reduced once again.
- Towards the end of December, rate of gold varied between Rs.2,780 per gram to Rs.2,820 per gram noted on the final day of this month.
- An overall decline of 2.92% was noted in the rate of gold in this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,190 per gram||Rs.3,125 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,170 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,160 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,205 per gram on 7th July||Rs.3,225 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3190 from 25th September to 29th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,140 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,115 on 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend of Bellary in July 2016
- The month of July started with gold trading at Rs.3,130 per gram.
- Gold prices edged higher this week as trends in the global market turned positive.
- Expectations of monetary stimulus from the central banks in the wake of the Brexit vote were high.
- Gold prices reached their highest on 7th July, trading at Rs.3,205 per gram.
- By the end of the month, prospects of a Fed rate hike sprung up again.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,170 per gram at the end of the month marking an incline of 1.28% this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Bellary in August 2016
- On 1st August, gold traded at Rs.3,190 per gram.
- Gold prices climbed to Rs.3,225 per gram on 3rd August, the highest price for this month.
- The U.S. Federal Reserve raised expectations of an interest rate hike in light of strong economic data.
- Gold prices started to drop on account of low demand and a gloomy global market.
- By the end of the month, there was a decline of 1.57% in gold prices.
Gold rate trend of Bellary in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,125 per gram on 1st September.
- The lowest price for this month was recorded on 2nd September with gold trading at Rs.3,115 per gram.
- The global market turned bullish as the Federal Reserve put the interest rate hike on hold in light of the approaching U.S. presidential elections.
- Gold prices rose by 1.12% on account of high demand in the global and domestic market.
Gold Rate trend in Bellary for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2, 905 per gram||Rs. 3,070 per gram||Rs.2,895 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3, 070 per gram||Rs. 2, 895 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3, 070 per gram||Rs. 3, 080 per gram from 7th-8th May, 2016||Rs.3,200 per gram on 24th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2, 880 per gram||Rs. 2, 895 per gram from 30th -31st May, 2016||Rs.2,915 per gram on 1st June|
|Trend||Prices rose after a lull, stabilising over the month||Prices fell||Rising|
|change||+ 5.67% increase||-5.70% decrease||+9.78%|
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary in April 2016
- With the commencement of operations after the strike was called off, prices rose on renewed domestic demand.
- Gold prices globally fell on the news that the Fed could be raising interest rates.
- The US Dollar strengthened on the interest rate hike, resulting in gold rates dropping.
- Domestic demand managed to keep prices stable in spite of the global downslide in prices.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary in May 2016
- Gold was being traded at Rs. 3, 070 at the start of the month, boosted by high demand.
- The market fluctuations due to US Fed interest rates being hiked pushed global prices lower, but the rate was steady domestically.
- Stable demand continued, keeping prices constant in the third week of May.
- A decrease in demand lowered prices, with gold trading at Rs. 2, 895, a decrease of 5.70%.
Gold Rate Trend of Bellary in June 2016
- Gold rates increased steadily during the month of June thanks to stronger overseas trends amid increased offtake by industrial investors.
- Despite marginal losses on certain days, the value of the precious metal rose consistently as the month progresses, and the highest rate was recorded on the 24th of the month when prices soared to Rs.3,200 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.235.
|1st day||Rs. 2, 540 per gram||Rs. 2, 960 per gram||Rs. 2, 975 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2, 710 per gram||Rs. 2, 708 per gram||Rs. 2, 900 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2, 715 per gram||Rs. 2, 965 per gram||Rs. 2, 975 per gram|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2, 540 per gram||Rs. 2, 708 per gram||Rs. 2, 870 per gram|
|Trend||Steady increase in gold price due to increased demand||Prices fell mid-month, then stabilized||Prices rose and then stabilised over the course of the month|
|Change||6.69% increase||9.30% increase||2.52% decrease|
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2, 540 at the start of the month thanks to increased demand domestically, closing at Rs. 2, 710.
- Festive season buying drove up the price, with high demand from jewellers.
- International cues bolstered the price.
- A dip in prices was seen due to global demand falling, but prices rose soon after.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary in February 2016
- Increased demand from jewellers domestically boosted prices, with gold trading at Rs. 2, 960 at the start of the month.
- Prices peaked at Rs. 2, 965 due to strong international demand and a still weak Dollar.
- Wedding season demand continued to push up prices as demand was steady throughout the month.
- A gradually strengthening Rupee lowered prices fractionally towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Bellary in March 2016
- Gold prices were traded at Rs. 2, 975, taking its cue from a heightened demand globally.
- National strike by jewellers resulted in production being halted indefinitely, affecting demand.
- Prices fell fractionally due to the strike, resulting in a 2.552% decrease in the gold rate.
- The strike reduced demand from the jewellery sector, keeping prices stable and constant.
- A weakening Dollar and market uncertainty resulted in prices rising globally, but domestic rates were unaffected due to the strike curtailing operations.
Gold as an investment in Bellary
Gold is all forms - coins, bars and jewelry is sold in Bellary. Many in Bellary invest in Gold bars as protection against inflation. Festive occasions and weddings spur demand for Gold in Bellary. Gold is considered auspicious and various forms of temple jewelery is also popular.
Physical Gold: Jewelry remains the most dominant aspect of buying Gold in Bellary. Major jewellery stores in Bellary sell both traditional and designer Gold jewelry to cater to all kinds of customers. Bullion bars are sought-after by customers who wish to buy Gold for investment purposes.
Gold contracts: Consumers in Bellary also invest in gold contracts. The MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange) and NSEL (National Spot Exchange) sell spot and future gold contracts in India.
Gold rates in Bellary
Gold rates have been on the rise in the first two months of 2016 in Bellary. 1 gm of 24 karat gold which was pegged at Rs.2551 on December 27th, 2015, rose by 2.3% to Rs.2610 on January 1st, 2016. Gold rates rose further throughout the month of January with the price of 1 gm of 24 karat gold pegged at Rs.2679 on January 10th, Rs.2701 on January 19th and Rs.2717 on January 25th. The upward trend continued in the month of February as the price of 1 gm of 24 karat gold pegged at Rs.2759 on February 17th, rose by 6.9% to Rs.2866 on February 18th. The trend continued in the first week of March with 1 gm of 24 karat gold touching Rs.3032. Gold prices plummeted in latter half of 2015 barring mini-rallies in that 1 gm of 24 karat gold which was pegged at Rs.2723 in August, fell by -0.2% to Rs.2702 in September 2015. The downward trend continued in the following months with the price of 1 gm of 24 karat gold touching Rs.2560 in November 2015.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Karnataka
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Bellary
|Gold Rate In Shimoga||Gold Rate In Udupi||Gold Rate In Gulbarga|
|Gold Rate In Bangalore||Gold Rate In Mangalore||Gold Rate In Mysore|
|Gold Rate In Belgaum||Gold Rate In Proddatur|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- India's Obsession For Gold
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Use Gold Jewellery To Get Yourself A Loan
- Lack Of Credibility In India's Hallmarked Jewelleries