Updated on - 05 Jul 2022
Torrent Gas, which comes under Torrent Group, entered the Gas Distribution business with the main aim of providing Green Fuel to different parts of the country. Torrent Gas has its presence in 1 Union Territory (UT) and 7 states in India.
The company is present in 16 geographical areas that are spread over 32 districts. Torrent Gas Private Limited aims at providing natural gas across all the geographical areas with efficient and effective management of the available natural resources.
- The priority of the company will be to deliver natural gas to each gas burner with utmost safety.
- The pipelines have been laid by agencies that are qualified and are as per the safety standards.
- Warning tape, signage, and markers are installed for protection against any unforeseen damages.
- Installation of Isolation Valves at strategic locations.
- Installation of pressure regulators at Service Regulators, District Regulating Stations, and City Gate Stations.
The following steps must be followed in case of any natural gas leakage:
- All doors and windows must be opened.
- The gas supply must be turned off using the Meter Control Valve (MCV).
- No electric switch must be turned off or on.
- All naked flames must be extinguished.
Apart from the application form, certain documents must be submitted when applying for a gas connection. The mandatory documents that must be submitted are given below:
Address Proof: Any of the below-mentioned documents may be submitted as proof of address:
- Aadhaar Card
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Flat allotment letter
- Driving License
- House Registration document
- Lease Agreement
- A Gazetted officer attested self-declaration
- LIC Policy
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Bank statement
Identity Proof: Any of the below-mentioned documents may be submitted as proof of identity:
- Aadhaar Number
- Any ID Card that has been issued by the State or Central Government
- Driving License
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
- Bank Passbook with Photograph
- Voter ID
Eligibility Criteria for Dealership
- Must be an Indian citizen.
- At the time of submitting the application, you must be at least 21 years old.
- Matriculation must be completed.
- You must be financially stable. Must have a minimum of Rs.1 crore. Statement of movable and immovable properties, Income Tax Returns (ITR) for the last three years, and bank solvency certificate must be submitted.
- Landowners with experience will be given priority. Individuals with working experience in the gas and oil sector will also be given priority.
- In the case of Partnerships, any of the partners must meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria. However, each partner must submit a separate application form with the application fees.
- In the case of organised bodies, companies, and firms, at least two individuals must meet the eligibility criteria.
Registered Co-operatives/ Consumer Societies
- At least one individual must meet the eligibility criteria in the case of Registered Co-Operatives/ Consumer Societies.