The Oil Merchant Companies have launched an online platform to facilitate LPG connection. As part of the Digital India initiatives, the facility will enable you to efficiently apply, track and obtain an LPG subscription. The SAHAJ (e-SV) provides on-line release of LPG connection with the option to make an online payment. Apart from the release of online LPG connection, the SAHAJ (e-SV) also indicates the number of cylinders and pressure regulators given to the customer against the security deposit.
As a prospect customer, you will be required to submit passport size photographs, bank account details or Aadhaar for enabling PAHAL (DBTL) scheme, along with proof of identity (POI), and proof of address(POA). The online application process accepts scanned copy of documents in either jpeg or pdf format. Once you have the documents ready, follow the below steps.
Steps to Apply for a SAHAJ (e-SV) New LPG Connection:
- Visit www.indane.co.in
- From the Customer Console on the left side, choose Online Services
- Choose new connection from the Online Services
- Click on Register For An Online New Connection
- Select the name of the state, district, and the distribution
- Enter your basic details such as name, DOB, mobile number, and email ID
- An email will be sent to you for confirmation
- Once you have received the email with the registration link, continued to complete the application
- You will need to upload the scanned copy of your POI and POA, and Aadhaar for PAHAL (DBTL)
- Upon completion of the online application, you will receive the registration number for new connection request
- Your application will be on wait-list till the distributor releases the wait-list
- You can expect a text and e-mail notification when your application gets approved
The SAHAJ (e-SV) enables you to apply and pay for the new connection online. The requested equipment and e-SV are delivered to you at your doorsteps, this helps you save time and money without the need of visiting the LPG distributor.
Imporatance of SAHAJ (e-SV) Online Application:
The OMCs have been receiving a significant amount of complaints against their LPG distributors across the states. From being forced to buying a Hotplate and other related items to over Charging, complicated formalities, and more, the customers aren't happy with the distributors. By introducing the SAHAJ (e-SV), the OMCs are anticipating in the Digital India initiative as well bring more transference along with effective management system. As a customer, you can take advantage of a host of benefits.
Advantage/Benefits of SAHAJ (e-SV)
- Online registration and payment
- No need to visit the LPG distributors
- Save time by tracking your application process online
- You can book equipment and required NFR products such as hotplate, cylinder trolley etc through the SAHAJ (e-SV) website
- Delivery of connection and products at the doorstep
- Distributors do not have the option of force selling products
- Get application status updates through SMS and e-mails
- No need to make a cash payment
- SAHAJ (e-SV) verifies customer's details across OMCs which helps in eliminating multiple connections
How Does It Work?
You can register for a new LPG connection online by filling the online KYC forms. You will be required to submit your Proof of Address and Proof of Identity documents. Once you have submitted the application, your details will be verified and you will be notified by an SMS and e-mail to choose your equipment. You will also be requested to choose a mode of payment. Whether you choose an online or offline payment method, the equipment will be delivered to your home along with the e SV that is sent through an SMS and e-mail.