The steps to find your name on the PMUY beneficiary list are as follows:
- Log on to the official website for ujjwala beneficiary list. It is the website for finding out if your name exists in the PMUY beneficiary list or not. The beneficiaries are identified through the SECC.
- Enter the state of your residence.
- Enter the district of your residence.
- Enter the tehsil or taluk in which you reside.
- Enter the gram panchayat of your residence.
- Select the number of rows to be displayed.
- Select the category which you belong to. The categories mentioned on the page are Auto inclusion or deprivation, Auto exclusion or others.
- Click on submit.
Documents required for obtaining an LPG connection under PMUY
The documents required for obtaining an LPG connection under PMUY are:
- The Below Poverty Line ration card.
- Aadhar card of the applicant.
- Voter ID of the applicant.
- Two passport size photographs of the applicant.
- The photocopy of the bank passbook.
Important Note on PMUY
Some of the statistics related to PMUY are:
- As per the data provided by the government, 5,56,90,924 connections have been released by the government till date.
- The target for the government is to provide LPG connection to every below poverty line household by the end of 2020.
- Since the PMUY scheme was introduced, the LPG coverage across the country has increased to 70%.
- The top 5 states to have received the most LPG connections under the scheme are Uttar Pradesh (46 lakh), West Bengal (19 lakh), Bihar (19 lakh), Madhya Pradesh (17 lakh) and Rajasthan (14 lakh). In fact, the state mentioned above constitute 75% of the total connections released by the government under PMUY.
- Out of the total connections released by the government, 35% have been given to the SC/ST community.