Mahanagar Gas Limited (MGL) is a Natural Gas Distribution Company that is certified by the International Organisation of Standardization (ISO). The company provides gas connections to 75 industrial establishments, more than 3,956 small commercial establishments, and 1.27 million houses. The company is known to supply uninterrupted and safe gas to its customers.
Domestic PNG Rate Card
|Security Deposit||Rs.750 for each registration|
|Application Charges||Rs.750 plus 18% GST|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||Rs.5,000 for each registration|
|Re-Connection Charges||Rs.4,400 plus 18% GST|
|Disconnection Charges (Permanent)||Rs.1,000 plus 18% GST for each connection|
|Name Transfer||Rs.350 plus 18% GST|
|Cheque Bounce Fee||Rs.200 plus 18% GST|
|Consumption Shortfall||Rs.50 plus GST (minimum charges)|
|Payment Delay Charges||Rs.100|
|Interest Levied on Delayed Payments||18% per annum on the amount that has not been paid (more than 10 days)|
Connection Charges – New Connection
|Non-Refundable Application Fee||Rs.750|
|Refundable Security Deposit for the Connection||Rs.5,000|
|Refundable Security Deposit for Consumption of Gas||Rs.750|
MGL Registration and Login
The procedure to complete the registration process online is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.mahanagargas.com/Billing/user-registration.aspx.
- Enter details such as your name, Business Partner or Contract Account number, email ID, mobile/landline number, create a password, and captcha.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the registration process.
The procedure to log in to your MGL account is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.mahanagargas.com/Billing/customer-login.aspx.
- Enter the Business Partner or Contract Account Number.
- Enter the password and captcha.
- Click on ‘Login’ to view details about your account.
Individuals who wish to submit the application form online must follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Visit https://www.mahanagargas.com/MGLModule/Reg_Form.aspx.
- Enter the pin code and click on ‘Go’.
- Select the building name from the options that are provided.
- Click on ‘Select’.
- Next, enter the flat number, floor, wing, landmark, name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhaar number, email ID, telephone number, electricity meter, occupation, and captcha details.
- Click on ‘Submit’.
- An MGL representative will contact you to process the request.
Mahanagar CNG Rate Card
|Mumbai and Adjoining Places||Rs.47.90 per kg|
Find City Based LPG Gas Price Today
Mahanagar Gas Bill Payments
The different methods by which you can pay the gas bill are mentioned below:
- On the official website
- By visiting an MGL counter
- Drop box
- Google Pay
- Wallets such as Paytm, Freecharge, Amazon Pay, etc.
- National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
Mahanagar Gas Customer Service
The different ways by which you can contact customer service are mentioned below:
- Call: 022 26594500/61564500 or 1917 (MTNL subscribers)
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Emergency Contact: 022 24012400 or 1800 22 99 44
Uses of Domestic PNG
Piped Natural Gas can be used for the below-mentioned purposes:
- Water heating
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Flight kitchens
- Hotels and restaurants
- Places of worship
Benefits of PNG
The main benefits of PNG are mentioned below:
- What are the different reasons for not receiving the bill?
The different reasons for not receiving the gas bill are mentioned below:
- In case the door is locked when the meter reading is checked.
- MGL may not have recorded the details of the gas connection.
- What is the procedure to report any grievances?
You can contact the Customer Care Centre in case of any queries or grievances.
- Should I surrender the subsidised LPG connection once I get the PNG connection?
Yes, you must surrender the subsidised LPG connection once you receive the PNG connection.
- Is it possible to make an advance payment?
Yes, advance payments can be made. MGL customers are also offered the Voluntary Deposit Scheme (VDS).
- What are the different banks where the drop box facility is available?
The different banks that the drop box facility is available are mentioned below:
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Dhanalakshmi Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- ICICI Bank