Updated on - 03 Dec 2021
The Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have launched ‘1906’ - round-the-clock LPG Emergency Helpline services for all types of LPG leakage complaints. This service is offered under the Digital India initiative to ensure safety and well-being of the customers.
The '1906' is a telephone number that offers call center based services. The number is operational 24/7 to respond to emergency calls throughout pan-India. The '1906' service is also available in, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Oriya, Tamil, and Telugu, along with Hindi and English. This will enable '1906' to respond to callers from different parts of India. Each complaint can be tracked online to keep a check on the progress.
How will this LPG Emergency Helpline Initiative Help?
- The '1906' can provide multi-lingual services
- Efficient web-based complaint tracking system along with telephonic calls
- The call center can contact mechanics/distributors and oil company officials of different parts of India
- The process flow includes follow-ups, escalations, and complaint closure to make sure the caller/customer is satisfied with the services from the OMCs
The '1906' provides solutions to all types of LPG leakage problems through a common helpline number. From immediate safety solutions to the provision of qualified and trained mechanics, now customers can easily file their LPG leakage complaints and monitor the action taken on the issues.
How the LPG Emergency Helpline Number '1906' ‘works?
If you are wondering how the LPG emergency helpline system works, you can refer to the steps below to get an idea of the workflow:
A call made to 1906 reaches a call center in Noida, depending on the query:
- The representative provides basic troubleshooting tips
- A ticket number and turn around time
- Caller receives an SMS with contact number of the mechanic
- The representative contacts the mechanic through an SMS and telephonic call
When the query is in progress, follow-ups will be made at different stages to ensure the caller is satisfied with a quality resolution. Once the issue is resolved, the mechanic or the caller can confirm the closure of the complaint. The caller will be notified about the closure of the complaint via an SMS.
If the mechanic doesn’t respond, the representative will follow an escalation hierarchy to ensure actions are taken to resolve the complaint.