The Indian Oil Company has launched Free-Trade LPG (FTL) cylinders of 5kg capacity from kirana stores, corner shops, retail stores, convenience stores and malls.
A large part of India’s youth and working population is on the move, and living in rented accommodation all over the country, seeking knowledge and fortune while contributing in taxes to the growth of the nation. This does, however, present a few drawbacks, the most pressing of which is the fact that this massive demographic does not settle – meaning that their accommodation is temporary and as such cannot be used to assign a permanent residential address to a particular person. This in turn means that proof of address (POA) documents submitted to LPG distributors have to be updated quite often and for many people, tying up resources at the distributorship in clerical tasks.
Indian Oil has come up with a creative solution to this problem that not only gives this demographic access to LPG, but also increases the overall distribution of LPG across rural and underdeveloped areas.
- Indane Gas LPG cylinders are now available through a wide distributor base consisting of corner stores, malls, retail stores, etc.
- which have been authorized by the company to register LPG connections with only a proof of identity (POI) document, Rs.1,000 (plus taxes) for the 5kg cylinder and Rs.250 (plus taxes) for the DPR.
- Presently, the company is distributing these cylinders through 63 sales points across 32 cities and the number of distributors is growing rapidly.
- Once the LPG in these 5kg FTL cylinders has been used, consumers can exchange the empty cylinder for a full one at any of the distributors on the payment of the non-domestic LPG rate prevailing in the market at that time.
This new product offers flexibility and access to LPG not only for the nomadic working population, but also to those whose work timings do not allow them to visit full-scale distributors on a regular basis.
The 5kg FTL LPG cylinders can be purchased at any of the authorized shops/retailers during their business hours and distribution of these cylinders is not limited by official distributorship timings, meaning that people with busy work schedules can still benefit from the use of LPG.
Documents Required for 5KG FTL LPG Cylinder from Indane
There is not proof of address (POA) document that needs to be submitted to purchase a 5kg FTL LPG cylinder from Indane. The only documentation required from the part of the consumer is a valid and recognized proof of identity issued by a competent government authority. The following documents are accepted as proof of identity:
- Aadhaar Card.
- PAN Card.
- Driving License.
- Voter’s ID.
- Identification document issued by State or Central Government.