Hindustan Petroleum is one of the few entities that has been granted license to distribute LPG gas cylinders in India. As of 2011, HP Gas had catered to over 33 million LPG users across India.
HP Gas Service Charges Applicable for New Connections - 20 Jun 2018
Details of cost of New Connection with two cylinders and one regulator along with cost of LPG is given below:
|Refundable Deposit for Two Gas Cylinders||Rs. 2,900/- (Rs. 1450/ - Each)|
|Two refills||Price depends on the area you reside in.|
|Price of a regulator which is a refundable deposit||Rs.150 per regulator|
|Two LPG cylinders(Refundable Deposit)||Rs.2,900(Which is Rs.1,450 per LPG cylinder)|
Note: Please note that Rs.1,150 will be the refundable deposit for each cylinder for North Eastern States.
HP Gas Other Service Cost & Charges - 20 Jun 2018
|Inspection of equipment and hotplates Demonstration of LPG equipment||Rs.50|
|Administrative charges for documentation for a LPG customer||Rs.75|
|New connection installation and demonstration charges with DBC or SBC||Rs.100|
|Collecting equipment from customer’s property Preparation of termination voucher(as requested by the customer)||Rs.100|
|Charges for mechanic visits for any purpose excluding leakage Hotplates installation at the time of new connection and cleaning in case the hotplate is not brought from an authorised LPG distributor Compulsory inspection of domestic LPG installation that requires to be done after cleaning hotplates Servicing the hotplate||1 Burner: Rs.100 2 Burner: Rs.150 3 Burner: Rs.200 4 Burner: Rs.250 Cooking Range, Cooking Hobs and Auto-ignition Hotplates: Rs.300/-|
|Administrative charges involved to issue a domestic gas and to provide a customer card(including DGCC charge)||Rs.50|
|Charges to release new LPG connection to BPL families including inspection of hotplates, installation of equipment and demonstration of LPG equipment under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)||Rs.75|
|Administrative charges for issuance of Domestic Gas Customer Card (DGCC) including the DGCC charge for new connections under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY)||Rs.25|
Disclaimer: Please note that the prices may vary due to the new GST rule. HP Gas will charges GST on their gas cylinders. There will be an increase in the gas prices. Please contact HP Gas to know the exact amount.
GST And Its Effect on Gas
The prices of LPG gas has been affected by the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST). Going forward, GST will replace multiple taxes like excise duty, additional customs duty, surcharges, service tax, and other such charges. All other charges apart from GST will be null and void.
The new GST rule has an effect on almost all industries. The most spoken about effect of the GST rule is the increase in gas prices. According to the new GST taxation structure, domestic gas prices has increased and commercial gas prices have reduced.
GST Tax Structure
The new GST rule has changed the existing tax structure upside down. According to the new rule, there are five different tax rates that will be charged on goods and services in India. The tax rates are classified under 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, and 28% GST.
GST Effect on Domestic HP Gas Cylinders in India
GST has increased the price of cooking gas in India. For more details on the effect of GST on LPG, read on.
- There is an increase of Rs.32 per cylinder on domestic LPG prices in India after the GST rule was implemented.
- It is also noteworthy that this is the most steepest hike in domestic gas prices in India. The last time time that such an increase was noted was on 25 June 2011, when the price of domestic subsidised LPG rose by Rs.50 due to the increase in oil prices internationally.
- Only 12 subsidised LPG cylinders will be given to each household in one year. After using the 12 subsidised cylinders, customers will be asked to pay the market price of the cylinder. After exhausting the quota, from the 13th cylinder onwards, customers will be required to pay 18% GST on every additional cylinder purchased within that year.
- Services like gas inspection, installation, and other such mandatory charges will also attract 18% GST going forward.
- States that were not charging tax on domestic gas cylinders will also fall under the GST rule. These states will witness an increase on domestic LPG cylinders by Rs.12 to Rs.15 per cylinder.
How to Get a New HP Gas Connection?
If you want to take the traditional route, you can walk into any authorised HP Gas distributor in your area with the required documents and get a new gas connection. However, if you are busy and are unable to walk into a distribution centre, you can apply for a new gas connection online.
- The official HP Gas website has a option called “Register for LPG connection” under which customers can apply for a new gas connection online without standing in long queues which consumes a lot of time.
- Please keep scanned copies of all documents required like your proof of identity and proof of address while applying for a gas connection online.
- After you finish the application process, you will be given a reference number.
- Please keep the reference number carefully as it is required to track the status of your application online.
To complete the online registration process, you will have to make the payment online using netbanking/credit card/debit card.
Documents Required to Get a New HP Gas Connection
To get a HP gas connection, you will be required to submit you Know Your Customer(KYC) documents. KYC are those documents that acts as proof to the details provided by the customer like the proof of identity and address proof. Along with your passport size photo, you will have to submit a identity proof and address proof.
Please submit one of the following documents as proof of identity to apply for a new HP Gas cylinder:
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voters ID
- Passport copy
- ID card issued by State or Central government
- Driving license
Please submit one of the following documents as proof of residence:
- Driving license
- Aadhar card
- Voters ID Card
- Copy of passport
- LIC policy
- Ration card
- Lease agreement
- Telephone, water, or electricity bill
- Flat allotment
- House registration document
- Bank or credit card statement
- Self-declaration attested by a Gazetted Officer
HP Gas Customer Care
HP Gas is known for excellent customer service. Headquartered in Mumbai, HP Gas has two customer care numbers that their customers can dial for any queries. The numbers are as follows:
- 022 22863900s
Apart from this, HP Gas also has a dedicated helpline number which works 24/7 that people can dial for any emergency. HP Gas customers can reach this helpline by dialing 1906.
FAQs on HP Gas Connection
Is it mandatory to buy gas stove and other accessories from HP Gas when I apply for a new gas connection?
No. It is not compulsory for you to buy hot plate or any other accessories that are sold by HP Gas while getting a new connection. However, customers should have a BIS approved hot plate to get a LPG cylinder from HP Gas.
- What are the ways I can get a new HP Gas connection?
- Visit the nearest authorised LPG distributor
- Through SAHAJ(e-SV) facility available on official Indane website.
If you are applying for a new Indane gas connection online, please keep the following documents handy:
- One passport size photograph
- You bank account details
- A copy of your Aadhaar card
- One proof as identity
- One proof of address
Please make sure that you have all the above mentioned documents scanned and saved in the jpeg or pdf format.
Yes. You can apply for a new gas connection with two different OMCs. However, only one gas connection will be released. Remember that all gas companies use an integrated software that can detect multiple applications.
If you do not have multiple connections, please walk into the nearest Indane gas LPG provider and submit your KTY documents, which is your proof of identity and proof of address. After physically verifying your residence, the distributor will rectify the issue.
Yes. You will be allowed to transfer your gas connection at anytime within India.
Yes. You will be allowed to cancel your application anytime online. However, if the payment has been made, you will have to cancel it online but have to visit the nearest Indane gas distributor for a refund.
When the Indane gas agent comes for physical verification, if any deviation is found in the documents submitted, the application will be rejected and the amount paid by the customer will be refunded. In this case, there are no cancellation charges that will be levied.
Yes. You can buy other accessories and pay for it online.
You can check the status of your application by visiting the Indane gas website and entering your registration number and date of birth in the space provided.