The Government of India has suggested the linking of all Aadhaar Cards to the respective customer’s LPG connection as it makes it easier to transfer subsidies. Customers have four options when it comes to linking their Aadhaar Cards to their Indane Gas LPG connection – offline mode, online mode, SMS method and IVRS method.
Step By Step Process Aadhar Card Link to Indane Gas Online
If you wish to take the online route to link your Aadhaar Card to your Indane LPG connection, follow below steps:
- First make sure that your mobile number is registered with Indane Gas.
- To commence the process, you will have to visit the official UADAI website I.e https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx
- Fill in the necessary information such as your location, the benefit type (LPG), the scheme name (IOCL), the distributor name and your LPG customer ID.
- You will then have to insert your mobile number and email address before entering your Aadhaar number and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Once you have arrived at this stage of the linking process, you will receive a One Time Password on your email address and your mobile number.
- The One Time Password must be entered into the space provided and then the ‘Submit’ button must be hit to complete the process.
Link Aadhaar Card to Indane Gas Online - IVRS Method
Steps to link your Aadhaar Card to your Indane LPG connection through the IVRS method:
- You will have to visit the webpage http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php.
- Locate the number for your particular district / state.
- Then simply call the number and the follow the instructions to successfully link your Aadhaar Card to your LPG Gas connection.
Indane Gas Aadhar Link - SMS Method
Steps to proceed to link your Aadhaar Card to Indane Gas LPG connection using the SMS method:
- First need to ensure that your mobile number is registered with your LPG provider.
- If it is not registered, you can simply send an SMS saying ‘IOC < std code distributor telephone number > < consumer number > and send it to the number corresponding to your district / city on http://indane.co.in/sms_ivrs.php
- After you have registered your mobile number with Indane Gas, you will have to send another SMS to link your Aadhaar Card to your Indane LPG connection.
- The SMS must contain the text ‘UID < aadhaar number > and must be sent to the same number to which you sent the message for registering your mobile number.
Link Indane Gas to Aadhar Card – Offline Mode
To link your Aadhaar Card to Indane LPG connection in offline please follow below steps:
- Ensure that a few documents are kept ready, such as our Indane LPG blue book, your E-Aadhaar card or Aadhaar Card, and Form No.2 – Application Form.
- The first step in the process of linking your Aadhaar Card to your Indane Gas connection is to download the application form and take a print out of the same.
- Then fill in the information required, and since you are a user of Indane, the name of the company must be entered as IOCL.
- Then you will have to enter your LPG ID and other details as requested.
- Once you have provided all the information, you will have to visit your local Indane distributor to furnish the form.
- Make sure to obtain an acknowledgment slip from the officials.
- After the officials have cross verified the information you have provided, your Aadhaar Card will be successfully linked with your Indane Gas LPG connection.
News About Aadhaar Card to Indane Gas LPG Connection
A Large Number of LPG Customers in Tamil Nadu to Miss Out On Subsidies
Around 25 % of the LPG customers in Tamil Nadu are expected to lose their subsidies due to the failure in linking Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts. Oil Ministry had earlier mandated the linking of Aadhar numbers with bank accounts by September end.
With the new directive in place, only 1.28 crore customers are eligible for LPG subsidy in the state. According to distributors, some of the consumers did not have Aadhaar cards while some others were reluctant to visit a bank for availing a benefit of a paltry Rs.70.
29th September 2016