An Aadhaar card is the unique identity card issued to every Indian citizen by the Government of India. As peer a recent directive by the Government, all household that use LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) are required to link their Aadhaar cards to their Bharat Gas connection in order to avail the gas subsidy.
The scheme introduced as part of the subsidy program is known as the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme. Under the scheme, customers can receive their LPG gas subsidy directly into their bank account. This method reduces the chances of customers not receiving their subsidies for any reason.
It also helps the government to keep track of the amount being paid out as subsidy as well as ensure it reaches the customers.
Customers who have a Bharat Petroleum LPG connection can now benefit from the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme by linking their Aadhaar card to their gas connection.
Process to Link Aadhaar Card to Bharat Gas
Linking your Aadhaar card to Bharat Gas connection is now a simple process, with the government providing a number of ways to do so. Customers can choose to link their Aadhaar card to their BPCL connection either online, offline, through IVRS as well as by SMS.
Step By Step Process to Link Aadhaar to Bharat Gas Online
BPCL customers can link their Aadhaar card to their Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) gas connection by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the UIDAI, and enter the state and district you reside in.
- On doing so, a drop down menu will appear, asking you to choose your benefit type. Select “LPG” from the options provided.
- Select the LPG Company from the options provided by clicking on the BPCL option.
- A list of BPCL distributors in the region will appear on screen. Select the distributor you have registered your gas connection with and enter the LPG Consumer Number assigned to you.
- You will then have to enter your email address and your mobile number as well as your Aadhaar card number and submit the information.
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to the mobile number you have entered.
- Enter the OTP sent to you and click “submit”.
- A pop-up message will confirm your Aadhaar card and Bharat Gas LPG connection have been linked successfully.
Link Aadhaar to Bharat Gas Offline
Customers who wish to link their Aadhaar card to their BPCL gas connections offline can follow the steps outlined below:
- Download the Linking Form from the UIDAI website or collect a copy from your local Bharat Gas distributor’s office.
- Fill in the details requested, such as your name, mobile number, LPG Consumer Number, Aadhaar number and address.
- Submit the form to the local Bharat Gas distributor, where you will receive an acknowledgment.
- On verification of the details provided by you, your Aadhaar card will be linked to your Bharat gas connection and you will receive a notification regarding this on your registered mobile number.
SMS Method to Link Aadhaar to Bharat Gas:
Aadhaar card can be linked to your Bharat Petroleum LPG connection through SMS as well, with the details mentioned below:
- Send an SMS in the below format from your registered mobile number:
- UID (space) Aadhaar number, for example- UID 012340123401.
- Airtel, MTNL, Vodafone, Idea and Tata subscribers should send the SMS to 52725.
- Other users can send it to 57333.
- On successful verification of the details sent, the Aadhaar card will be linked to your gas connection.
IVRS Method to Link Aadhaar with Bharat Gas Connection:
Aadhaar cards can be linked with your gas connection by using the IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) as well, with the steps listed below:
- Go to the Bharat Gas website and select the customer care link.
- A list of IVRS numbers will be displayed on the screen.
- Locate the number for the state you reside in and call the number, whereupon you will have to follow the instructions such as inputting your Aadhaar card number and your LPG Consumer Number.
- The IVRS will inform you if the linking was successful