LPG or Liquified Petroleum Gas is one of the most popularly used sources of fuel within the country. This is because of the number of advantages that LPG has. It is versatile and can be utilized for various purposes as it provides instant heat that can be easily controlled. In addition to this, LPG does not produce harmful emissions such as carbon dioxide, nitrogen and other particles that cause pollution. Apart from being easy to store, LPG is highly economical for everyone which significantly contributes to its popularity.
The Government of India in order to ensure that everyone in the country has access to LPG, provides subsidy to those who earn less than Rs. 10 lakhs taxable income annually. There are also efforts to ensure that this is done digitally and in a way to ensure that every deserving citizen receives the subsidy.
For a someone who does not have a connection as of yet, it is easy to procure this. Customers will only have to follow the steps provided below. Procuring a connection ensures that customers receive cylinders on time and for the normal rate unlike those sold in black markets.
Steps to Procure LPG Connection
- All customers who are above the age of 18 with the required documents can apply for the same.
- Customers must first locate the closest gas agency that supplies LPG cylinders in their area. There is one office in every area generally. The local phone directory will have the required information or locations can be looked online.
- Once they locate the area customers must then procure the application form for a new gas connection. This form must be filled completely and required documents must be provided.
- Once this is done, a receipt will be issued to customers along with the Registration number. Booking number will also be provided sometime later. These receipts must be maintained carefully.
Documents Required for Applying Gas Connection
For ID proof, any one of the documents provided below will be acceptable -
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhaar Number allotment letter
- Any other photo identification document that has been issued by the government.
For address proof, any one of the documents mentioned below will be acceptable -
- Ration Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- Electricity bill from within the previous three months
- Telephone bill from within the previous three months
- Rent receipt
- Employer’s Certificate
Customers will also have to provide a security deposit to the agency while procuring the cylinder.
Safety Tips of LPG Cylinder
Once customers receive their cylinder, they will to ensure that it is stored and maintained properly. This is because LPG is combustible and although it is relatively safer than most options, it is important to maintain quality storage. Customers should ensure that valve is turned off at night and naked flame is not brought close to the cylinder. In case of leak, customers must turn the valve off and take the cylinder to an open location. Opening windows and doors to let in air will also be helpful.