As one of the biggest and most popular domestic and commercial suppliers of LPG, Bharat Gas has its fair share of customer complaints. Bharat Gas Company’s system for addressing customer grievances is efficient, quick and responsive. There are many ways through which an LPG consumer can register complaints, suggestions, feedback, or even compliments towards the company.
Due to the sheer number of connections distributed among the second most populous country in the world, the system was upgraded many times in order to accommodate the number of potential complaints. Fortunately for the company and the public, the complaints have reduced in the last few years thanks to the company’s pre-emptive measures like improving their service, safety, and quality standards.
Bharat Gas Leak Complaint
If at any time it is noticed that there is a leakage in the LPG cylinder, equipment, pressure regulator, ISI certified piping, or even the stove – Bharat Gas must be contacted immediately. Bharat Gas has over 3,400 emergency numbers at each of its distributors. The list of numbers can be accessed here http://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/locate.jsp.
What to do During a Gas Leak
- First, turn off the gas from the cylinder itself.
- If this is not possible, and the cylinder is damaged or leaking, open all windows and doors and ensure maximum ventilation in the affected area.
- Keep a fire extinguisher and bucket of water on standby and call the police.
- Evacuate your household and take only what is necessary, as a leaking LPG cylinder has claimed many lives in the past.
- Then, call the police who will also intimate the fire department.
Bharat Gas Emergency Numbers Zone-wise
- LPG headquarters: 022-22714516
- North India: 0120-2474167
- East India: 033-24293190
- West India: 022-24417600
- South India: 044-26213914
The list of local distributors’ emergency numbers can be found here http://my.ebharatgas.com/bharatgas/locate.jsp.
A team will be sent from the distributorship to your registered address to handle the situation in a professional manner.
Bharat Gas and all other LPG companies take these complaints very seriously and investigations are launched into finding how and why the cylinder or equipment was leaking.
How to Register a Bharat Gas LPG Complaint
There are three primary ways in which to register complaints with Bharat Gas depending on the urgency or the nature of the complaint itself.
Walk in to the Bharat Gas Office to Lodge Complaint:
Bharat Gas has no policies against its customers walking into their offices and registering complaints or demanding better/safer services. Simply walk into the Bharat Gas distributorship from where you get your LPG supply and talk to the people in charge.
Depending on your location, you can visit these Bharat Gas headquarter offices in case the distributor is not able to resolve your queries or complaints:
|1. Bharat Gas LPG Headquarters:
LPG Business Unit Bharat Petroleum Corporation ltd. Bharat Bhavan II 5th Floor, 4 & 6 Currimbhoy Road, Ballard Estate, Mumbai – 400001 Telephone: 022-22714516.
|2. Bharat Gas Regional Office for North India:
LPG Business Unit Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Plot No A5 & A6 Sector 1, Noida - 201 301 Dist Ghaziabad Telephone: 0210-2474167.
|3. Bharat Gas Regional Office for East India:
LPG Business Unit Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited Plot 31 Prince Ghulam Md. Shah Road Golf Green Kolkata - 700 001 East Telephone: 033-24293190.
|4. Bharat Gas Regional Office for West India:
LPG Business Unit Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Sewree 'A' Installation Sewree (East) Mumbai - 400 005 East Telephone: 022-24417600
|5. Bharat Gas Regional Office for South India:
LPG Business Unit Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited 1 Ranganathan Gardens, Off 11th Main Road, Annanagar, Chennai - 400 060 Telephone: 044-26213914.
Bharat Gas Online Complaint Register
You can register a complaint against Bharat Gas online through its portal at https://ebiz.bpc.co.in/ccs/LPGWeb.faces. Once you have logged onto this site, you will have to fill out this form in the following manner – instructions are given in italics:
- Are you a Bharat Gas customer? Select ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Registered Mobile Number. Here, enter the mobile phone number that was used to register the LPG connection in your name.
- LPG ID. Here, fill in your LPG ID.
- State. Here, select your state of residence.
- District. Here, select the district in which the LPG connection has been registered.
- Distributor. Here, select the name of the distributor who provides you with LPG services. The list contains the names of all registered and authorised Bharat Gas distributors. If your distributor’s company name does not appear here, contact Bharat Gas and the police department immediately.
- Consumer Number. Here, enter your Consumer Number as it appears in the DGCC booklet or your SV.
- Feedback Type. Here, select the feedback category, which can be either ‘COMPLAINT’, ‘SUGGESTION’, ‘QUERY’, ‘REMINDER’, or ‘APPRECIATION’.
- Then, hit the ‘Submit’ button and your feedback will be registered.
Bharat Gas Complaint Phone Number
Bharat Gas can be reached over the phone through a toll free number which is 1800-2333-555. Calls are answered by human tele-operators between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM, and there is an IVRS service that logs complaints between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM. The IVRS service can also forward calls to a human representative depending on the nature of the case and complaint.
Complaint Against Bharat Gas LPG Distributors
Bharat Gas has an efficient and effective process set up to deal with common consumer complaints like:
- Harassment of the customer by the distributor, delivery people, drivers, etc.
- Undue pressure and difficulty presented by the distributor for the submission of documents.
- Harassment at the time of submitting documents and registering connection.
- Re-submission of documents.
- Empty/not completely full cylinders being delivered which have less than the promised weight of LPG.
- Distributor absconding and not being reachable through telephone or physical visit.
- Delivery being delayed.
- Leakage of LPG from Bharat Gas cylinder or equipment.
- Connection transfer related issues which are not being resolved or handled by the distributor.