RuPay PaySecure is a service provided by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to authenticate RuPay debit card payments. It provides an extra layer of security for all online transactions made using the RuPay debit card. When a cardholder registers for the RuPay PaySecure service, NPCI collects the information which is then used for future online transactions involving the debit card. The platform uses a three-factor authentication using a combination of image and phrase followed by PIN entry. This ensures the highest level of security and provides a convenient online experience to customers. The information pertaining to image, phrase, or PIN entered by customers is not shared with the bank or the merchant.
Responsibilities of Customers
Customers should register their card for using the RuPay PaySecure service. He/she is also required to provide correct and updated information while registering for the RuPay PaySecure. In case any of the information provided by the customer is found to be inaccurate, the bank or NPCI can terminate or suspend the debit card from using the service.
- To be able to use the card for RuPay PaySecure service, the cardholder should first register the debit card. They must provide accurate information requested by the bank or NPCI to confirm their identity. Upon verification the bank or NPIC will authorize the customer to carry out transactions through the RuPay PaySecure service.
- The bank reserves the right to cancel the registration or terminate the card from using the service if it finds that the information furnished by the customer is incorrect. The cardholder must make sure that every information provided during the registration process is correct.
- All unregistered cards will not be allowed to use the RuPay PaySecure facility at any of the online merchant sites.
- The security features of RuPay PaySecure may be enhanced by NPCI from time to time. Also, the terms and conditions may be revised in future. The cardholder will have to abide by the changes and revisions brought about by NPCI.
UCO Bank is committed to provide the best-in-class service to the customers by answering all their queries and concerns in the shortest time. For all questions related to RuPay PaySecure service, send an email to email@example.com or call on the toll free number 18001020123.
- Customers may be required to select an authentication method at the time of registration – which can either be OTP or Internet ID and password or question and answer. In addition to that, they should also select an image and a phrase combination to complete an online transaction. If the cardholder is unable to select the same image and phrase combination during future transactions, the payment will not be processed.
- The cardholder is registered for RuPay service only on successful completion of the entire online transaction for the first time.
- By registering for RuPay PaySecure service, the cardholder agrees to abide by the terms and conditions set by the bank and NPCI.
- Bank may also introduce any additional authentication feature at a later time, which is required to be entered at the time of making transactions.
Password and Security Question
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the registration information is not being shared with anyone. Any unauthorized use of the RuPay PaySecure information should be immediately notified to the bank. At the time of registration, the cardholder agrees that NPCI and the bank shall not be responsible for loss or damage arising from non-compliance of terms and conditions by the cardholder.
Confidentiality of User Information
NPCI will ensure that the cardholder information is not shared with any online merchant portal while using RuPay PaySecure. The Bank or NPCI shall furnish the information without permission of the cardholder only in cases where there is a direct order from the court or the regulatory authority.
Guidelines for Customers
The RuPay PaySecure users should be aware of the below mentioned points:
- They should maintain the confidentiality of their passwords and other information used for transaction authorization
- Must not share the image and phrase combination with anyone
- Keep the OTP, internet ID and security question safe by not revealing it to a third party.
- They must ensure that the passwords and images selected are difficult to guess and are unrelated to name, address, phone number, etc.
- Customers should never note down their password or other access information anywhere. It is advisable that the passwords and images be memorized.
- Take necessary provisions to safeguard their computer or mobile device using the RuPay PaySecure service from any unauthorized access.
- In no case shall the cardholder try to access RuPay PaySecure using a fake ID or attempt any kind of impersonation.
- The cardholder must make sure that the no software malfunction or viruses from their devices affect the smooth functioning of RuPay PaySecure.
- They should not cause traffic overload in the RuPay PaySecure platform with an intention to slow down the network.
- The customer should not attempt to redesign any of the solution or software used in the RuPay PaySecure architecture. Such an attempt shall have legal implications.
- They should not try to remove any copyright information or trademarks contained in the RuPay PaySecure service.
- Customers should not re-create any part of the service without written permission from the NPCI.
- The customer should not try to obtain information related to RuPay PaySecure through unlawful means or try to duplicate the service.
- Should not interfere with the smooth functioning of RuPay PaySecure software or hardware components.
- Should not fail to adhere to the rules and regulations of the regulatory authority and the terms and conditions issues by the bank/NPCI.
Temporary Unavailability of Service
The bank and the NPCI shall ensure the smooth running of website at all times to provide quick and convenient transaction. However, neither the bank nor NPCI shall be responsible for temporary unavailability of the website due to operational issues beyond their control.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.