The Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card offers high limits on withdrawal and purchases. It comes loaded with dining privileges, zero petrol surcharge, RewardsPlus, as well as Global Customer Assistance Service.
Features and benefits of Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card:
Features and benefits of the Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered are:
- Worldwide access – Using your Platinum Debit Card, customers can access their account whenever they want. It can be used to make payments at more than 24 million VISA merchant establishment. Over 1 million VISA ATMs around the world are available for withdrawing cash using the Platinum card.
- RewardsPlus – The Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered allows its cardholders to earn rewards on daily purchases. With every Rs.100 spent using the debit card, you can earn up to 1 reward point. These reward points can be further redeemed to cash. As there is no limit to cash back, any number of reward points can be earned.
- Better spending limit – The Platinum card comes with an enhanced daily spending limit of Rs.2,00,000. The limit applies to purchases as well as withdrawals.
- Zero petrol surcharge – Cardholders of the Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered are not charged any surcharge at petrol pumps in the country.
- Dining offers – Users of the Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card are entitled to a complimentary privilege card referred to as the Dining Plus card. The card comes loaded with offers and discounts at over 1,600 restaurants, resorts, hotels, and pubs all over India and Middle East. You are required to present the Dining Plus card with your Platinum Debit Card when you dine at a participating restaurant.
- Global Customer Assistance Service – VISA’s Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS),which is a comprehensive assistance service for customers travelling abroad is also offered with the Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card. It is a 24 hours emergency service and provides services and assistance such as reporting of lost or stolen card, general inquiries, emergency medical or travel assistance, and emergency cash disbursement. To use the GCAS services, customers can call on the toll-free number available on the VISA website.
- Exclusive privileges and merchant discounts – Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card users are entitled to exclusive offers and promotions. Cardholders can also avail privileges in exclusive brands in lifestyle, travel, dining, and health and fitness. The bank notifies its customers about discounts and deals from time to time, either through ATM screens, online, or the reverse of your statement.
Fees and charges:
|Minimum Balance Requirement||Rs.10,000 (5% of shortfall in MAB with max cap of Rs.500)|
|ATM Card fee||Rs.799|
|Lost card re-issuance||Rs.799|
|Pay order or Demand draft||Rs.100|
|Phone banking charges||Nil|
|Duplicate statement||Up to 3 months old – Nil More than 3 months old – Rs.150|
|Account closure||Within 14 days from account opening – Nil After 14 days and within 12 months from date of opening – Rs.500|
Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card FAQs
Does the Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card come with the GCAS facility?
Yes, the card has the comprehensive GCAS facility which is a 24/7 emergency service.
What is the annual fee charged by Standard Chartered for the Platinum Debit Card?
Standard Chartered charges Rs.799 as annual fee for using the Debit Card.
Can I apply for the Platinum card online? What is the process?
Yes, you can apply for the card online at the bank’s website. All you need to do is fill in an online form, you can also sign for NRI services.
What is the daily spending limit that I can avail on the Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered?
The bank allows you to spend up to Rs.2,00,000 using the card.
How much will I have to spend to earn one reward point when I use my Standard Chartered Platinum Debit Card?
With every Rs.100 spent on the card, you can earn one reward point which can be redeemed for cash.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.