The Cashback Platinum Debit Card is loaded with features such as 5% cashback on all expenses at merchant outlets, enhanced spending limits, and online shopping benefits. The card also offers the GCAS (Global Customer Assistance Service) which comes in handy when you are travelling overseas.
Features and benefits of Standard Chartered Cashback Platinum Debit Card:
The significant features and benefits of the Cashback Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered are as follows:
- 5% Cashback facility – Cardholders of the Cashback Platinum Debit Card can avail 5% cashback on all expenses on the card at select merchant outlets. The facility can be availed on all spends above Rs.750. The facility is limited to a maximum of Rs.100 per transaction and a maximum of Rs.500 in a month per account.
- Enhanced daily spending limit – The Cashback Platinum Debit Card gives you instant and easy access to a daily spending limit of Rs.2,00,000. This spending limit is applicable for usage of the card for purchases as well as at ATM withdrawals.
- Online shopping facility – Customers can use the debit card to shop online from various sites and online merchants. The card can also be used to book online movie tickets with ease.
- Utility bill payment facility – Payment for utility services such as electricity, telephone, gas, etc. can also be done using the Cashback Platinum Debit Card from Standard Chartered.
- Global Customer Assistance Service – Standard Chartered Bank provides you the facility of VISA’s Global Customer Assistance Service (GCAS), which is a comprehensive assistance service for customers travelling abroad. GCAS is a 24/7 emergency service and can be used for services such as report of lost or stolen card, general inquiries, emergency medical or travel assistance, and emergency cash disbursement.
Cardholders of the Cashback Platinum Debit Card can call on the bank’s toll-free numbers available on the VISA website, to use the emergency services.
- Exclusive privileges and discounts – Users of the Standard Chartered Cashback Platinum Debit Card are entitled to exclusive offers and promotions. The bank notifies its customers about discounts and deals from time to time, either through ATM screens, emails, or through their account statement. Cardholders can also avail privileges at exclusive brands in lifestyle, travel, dining, and health and fitness.
- Reward and Bonus points – Cardholders also have the benefit of earning points by spending through the card. The points can then be redeemed in exchange for rewards and gifts.
- Complimentary add-on card – Standard Chartered Bank offers an option of a Dining Plus Card along with the Platinum Debit Card. The complimentary add-on card provides exclusive dining privileges at select merchants. By combining both the cards, cardholders can avail discounts at more than 1,600 merchants across India and the Middle East.
Fees and charges:
|Minimum Balance Requirement||Rs.10,000 (5% of shortfall in MAB with max cap of Rs.500)|
|ATM Card fee||Rs.799|
|Lost card re-issuance||Rs.799|
|Pay order or Demand draft||Rs.100|
|Phone banking charges||Nil|
|Duplicate statement||Up to 3 months old – Nil More than 3 months old – Rs.150|
|Account closure||Within 14 days from account opening – Nil After 14 days and within 12 months from date of opening – Rs.500|
Standard Chartered Cashback Platinum Debit Card FAQs
Is the cashback credited instantly on usage of the Standard Chartered Cashback Platinum Debit Card facility?
No, the bank credits the cash back within 14 working days of the next month.
Does Standard Chartered charge any annual fee towards the Cashback Platinum Debit Card?
Yes, the bank charges Rs.499 towards annual fee for using the Debit Card.
I have a Standard Chartered Debit Card and I want to convert it to a Cashback Platinum Debit Card. Is it possible and how?
Yes, it is possible to convert an existing Debit Card to a Cashback Platinum Debit Card by contacting the bank branch or calling phone banking.
How do I use my Dining Plus discounts with the Standard Chartered Cashback Platinum Debit Card?
At the select merchants mentioned in the Dining Plus offer booklet, you must present your Dining Plus card when you ask for the bill. You can then make the payment using your Cashback Platinum Debit Card.
How much does Standard Chartered charge for account closure?
If you want to close the account within 14 days of opening, there are no charges. However, if you want to close your account after 14 days and within 6 months of account opening, you will have to pay Rs.500.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.