Kotak Mahindra Bank debit card holders are eligible for the world’s largest VIP lounge access programme - the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass. With the Priority Pass, debit card holders can access over 900 airport lounges across the globe. If their flight is cancelled or delayed, Kotak Mahindra Bank debit card holders can access to the comfort of the best lounges across the globe.
Features and Benefits of Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass
The Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass comes with a number of benefits for Kotak Mahindra Bank debit card holders, some of them are listed below.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank customers with the Priority Pass have access to more than 900 VIP lounges in 400 cities across 120 countries.
- Priority Pass holders have access to VIP lounges irrespective of the class they are flying in.
- Access to over 60 US airport lounges that are exclusively reserved for lounge programme members.
- Priority Pass holders can bring along guests as well when accessing the VIP lounges. That said, guest charges are applicable.
- Complimentary refreshments with the Priority Pass.
- While waiting at the VIP lounges, customers can access to all the leisure facilities, conference space, internet and email facilities.
Eligibility for Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass
- Both residents and non-residents of India are eligible for the Priority Pass.
- Customers holding an individual or a joint account with Kotak Mahindra Bank and having a debit card are eligible for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass.
- To be eligible for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass, customers have to holde the below listed debit cards.
- Platinum debit card
- Business Power debit card
- Privy Platinum debit card
- Privy Signature debit card
- Infinite debit card
- The Priority Pass will be issued to both supplementary and primary debit card holders.
- Add-on debit card holders are not eligible for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass Fees and Charges
Depending on the customer status, customers are charges fees for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass.
|Customer segment||Fees and charges||Priority Pass usage|
|Wealth Customers||Free||Free for Card Holder and Chargeable for Guest|
|Privy League Prima Customers||Rs.1,000||Chargeable for Cardholder and Guest|
|Privy League Insignia and Optima Customers||Free||Chargeable for Cardholder and Guest|
|Other than Wealth and Privy League Customers||Rs.2,000||Chargeable for Cardholder and Guest|
Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass Usage Charges
The Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass comes with different usage charges for the cardholder and guest depending on the airport (International or domestic) lounge one seeks access to.
|Country/Airport Lounge||Cardholder charges per visit||Guest charges per visit|
|South Africa (Domestic)||$16.5||$27|
|South Africa (International)||$21.5||$27|
|Hong Kong, Macau||$19.75||$27|
|Philippines, Singapore, Kuwait||$22.5||$27|
|Rest of the World||$25||$27|
How to apply for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass
Customers holding the Platinum debit card, Business Power debit card, Privy Platinum debit card, Privy Signature debit card, the Infinite debit card can apply for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass either at any of Kotak Mahindra Bank’s branches or via their net banking account. For those applying for the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass via their net banking account, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Log on to your Kotak Mahindra Bank net banking account.
- Once you have logged in, click on the debit card tab.
- Select “apply for priority pass”.
- Once that is done, the page will be redirected.
- Now enter your debit card number and PIN.
- Click on submit.
- Once this is done, your registration will be complete.
- The bank will send you the Priority Pass card to your doorstep within 15 days from the approval of the application.
How to use your Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass at Airport VIP Lounges
To get access to the VIP lounge using your Priority Pass, follow the steps mentioned below.
- In the airport you are waiting at, look for the Priority Pass sign or logo.
- Once you have spotted that, approach the lounge personnel.
- Hand over your Priority Pass to him/her.
- The lounge personnel will then swipe your pass at the terminal and hand you a slip.
- Sign the slip.
- Give the copy of the slip to the lounge personnel and keep the original copy of the slip.
Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass FAQs
1. Why should I get the Priority Pass when most airlines have their lounges?
While it is true that airlines do have their own lounge, the same does not apply for every airport. The Priority Pass in this case is a good backup option to give you access to the VIP lounge.
2. Do I have to pay every single time to access the VIP lounge despite having the pass?
Yes, depending on which airport you are in in which ever country, you will have to pay a nominal fee. That said, the facilities provided are worth more than the fee.
3. What is the validity of the Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass?
The Kotak Mahindra Bank Priority Pass is valid for a period of 1 year. You can re-apply once the pass has expired.
4. What should I do if I lose my Priority Pass?
You will have to call the 24/7 Kotak Mahindra Bank customer care and request them to block the card and request for a replacement.
5. Do all airports accept the Priority Pass?
No, only the listed airports accept the Priority Pass. Check the bank website for the list.