The RuPay Kisan Debit Card by Karnataka Bank Ltd. (KBL) offers flexibility with cashless convenience. With this card, you have over 10 lakh Point of Sale terminals in the country to make purchases from and have instant access to cash at more than one lakh ATMs. The debit card offers high transactions limits of Rs.40,000 for cash withdrawals and Rs.75,000 at merchant establishments. The RuPay Kisan Debit Card from Karnataka Bank offers you an insurance cover against permanent disability or accidental death.
Eligibility criteria for KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card:
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled when applying for a RuPay Kisan Debit Card from Karnataka Bank:
- Applicant should be a resident of India.
- Applicant should be a savings, current, or other prescribed account holder of Karnataka Bank.
- Farmers are also eligible to avail the card.
Documents required for KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card:
The following documents are required when applying for the card:
- Duly filled application form.
- Applicant’s Identity Proof such as Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card, or any ID issued by the government.
- Applicant’s Address Proof such as electricity/phone bill, Passport, Aadhar Card, etc.
- Specimen signature of the cardholder before an authorised officer of the bank.
Features and benefits of KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card:
The important features and benefits of the RuPay Kisan Debit Card are:
- Nationwide acceptance - The RuPay Kisan Card can be used at more than 1,86,000 ATMs to withdraw cash and at over 10,00,000 POS terminals in India. Its wide usage gives its users a great advantage and freedom to use their money.
- Withdrawal limits – Cardholders of the KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card can withdraw up to Rs.40,000 of cash from ATMs in a single day. The daily POS limit for the card at merchant establishments is Rs.75,000, however it is subject to balance in the account.
- Usage flexibility – KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card allows you instant access to your account. The card gets activated within 24 hours after the first cash withdrawal. After activation, you can use make any payment at merchant outlets.
- Safety and insurance – Karnataka Bank offers an insurance coverage towards accidental death or permanent disability along with the card. The cardholder is entitled to a coverage of Rs.1 lakh. The insurance is provided with the collaboration of NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India) with the New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
- 24/7 helpline – Cardholders of the KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card can contact the bank at the emergency helpline number for any kind of assistance such as card blocking.
KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card FAQs
Can I use my KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card at any ATM in India?
Yes, debit cards issued by KBL can be used at any bank ATM within India.
What should I do if I lose my card or it gets stolen?
- You must contact Karnataka Bank immediately and inform about the lost or stolen card so that it can be blocked. You can do so by calling the Customer Care Centre and report the loss. The toll-free number of the bank is 1800-425-1444 and for all lines is 080-22021500.
How will I receive my RuPay Kisan Debit Card from Karnataka Bank once I apply for it?
Once you submit all your documents along with the application form, the bank will send you the card at the address mentioned in the application through post or courier.
What is the procedure to change my telephone number or residential address given to the bank?
You must inform the bank in writing if there is a change in your telephone number or residential address.
Can the KBL RuPay Kisan Debit Card be used internationally?
No, the card is valid for usage in India only.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.