The IDBI Bank KIDS Debit Card has been crafted by the bank exclusively for the youngest customers. This card intends to encourage children to learn how to handle money and make savings. The KIDS Debit Card will help kids in the country to develop some confidence in terms of spending money responsibly.
Eligibility criteria for IDBI KIDS Debit Card:
Only children belonging to the age group of 10 to 18 years are eligible to apply for the KIDS Debit Card.
Features and benefits of IDBI Bank KIDS Debit Card:
The KIDS Debit Card from IDBI comes with the following attractive features and benefits:
- Insurance cover - IDBI KIDS Debit Card holders are entitled to an insurance cover of up to Rs.8,000 for lost as well as counterfeit cards. In order to claim for the insurance and be accepted, you should have made at least two purchase transactions in the last three months until the event date.
- Loyalty redemptions – Children using the KIDS Debit Card can earn up to two loyalty points every time they spend Rs.100 at merchant establishments. However, loyalty points cannot be earned on payments towards government tax payment, mutual funds, insurance premium payment, payment to educational institutes, and IRCT payment. The reward structure is subject to revision from time to time.
- Daily withdrawal and expenditure limit – KIDS Debit Card holders have a daily withdrawal limit of Rs.2,000. They can also make purchases worth up to Rs.2,000 in a single day.
- Discounts – IDBI offers users of the KIDS Debit Card attractive discounts and offers at select merchant establishments.
- Use in ATMs – Users of IDBI KIDS card can withdraw cash from any of the IDBI Bank ATMs spread all across India. The bank allows shopping at over five lakh merchant establishments in the country, using the card.
- Domestic use – The KIDS Debit Card has a domestic validity only and cannot be used internationally. The validity of the card expires in five years, which is marked on the card.
How to apply for the IDBI KIDS Debit Card:
- Existing customers – Existing customers are required to fill out a channel registration form in order to apply for a Visa KIDS Debit Card.
- New customers – New customers can apply for the KIDS Debit Card by filling out a new account opening form.
ATM usage and transaction charges for IDBI KIDS Debit Card:
Given below are the ATM usage and transaction charges for the users of the IDBI KIDS Debit Card:
|IDBI Bank ATM withdrawal||Nil|
|Domestic ATMs (VISA, MasterCard)||
|Transactions at Petrol pumps||Surcharge of 2.81% on the purchase value|
|Transactions at railway merchants||Surcharge of 2.5% of the transaction value|
IDBI KIDS Debit Card FAQs
What is the mode of payment for the KIDS Debit Card from IDBI Bank?
The KIDS Debit Card does not have the concept of monthly outstanding. The account is debited as per the extent of purchases or ATM usage of the card.
What is the annual fee for the KIDS Debit Card?
The annual fee for the KIDS Debit Card for the first year is free. An annual fee plus GST, is charged from the second year onwards.
What do I do if I lose my KIDS Debit Card?
You must report the loss of your card to the bank immediately. IDBI Bank offers protection against fraudulent charges from the moment the loss is reported.
What are the replacement charges for a lost or stolen IDBI KIDS Debit Card?
You are required to pay fee plus GST for replacement for KIDS Debit Cards.
Is there a credit limit on the KIDS Debit Card?
No, there is no credit limit set by the bank on the KIDS card. Customer can withdraw or purchase up to the available balance on the card.
Is there a limit on the number of times I can use my KIDS Debit cum ATM Card in a single day?
Yes, the bank limits the daily usage of the card to up to 10 transactions at ATMs or merchant locations. However, the withdrawals and purchases cannot exceed the balance in the account.
Is it important to sign on the signature panel of the KIDS Debit Card?
Yes, it is important to sign on the card in order to avoid fraudulent usage of the card.
Is there an option of availing an additional card with the IDBI KIDS Debit Card?
No, IDBI does not allow an add-on card with the KIDS Debit Card.
How do I activate my KIDS Debit cum ATM Card from IDBI?
You can activate the card by use the PIN sent to you by the bank. The card is activated on first use at the ATM.
I am 20 years old. Am I eligible to apply for the KIDS Card at IDBI?
No, the KIDS Debit Card from IDBI is only issued to children in the age group of 10 to 18 years.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.