The IDBI Bank Being Me Debit Card is a card exclusively designed for students pursuing professional courses and first time working individuals.
Eligibility criteria for IDBI Being Me Debit Card:
Individuals belonging to the age group of 18 to 25 years are eligible to apply for the BEING ME Debit Card.
Features and benefits of IDBI Bank Being Me Debit Card:
The Being Me Debit Card from IDBI offers the following features and benefits:
- Worldwide usage – The Being Me Debit Card by IDBI is a VISA card that can be used anywhere in the world, apart from over 1,630 domestic IDBI ATMs, over 1 lakh shared network ATMs, and over 5.50 lakh merchant locations.
- Zero lost card liability Insurance cover - IDBI Being Me Debit Card holders are entitled to the zero lost card liability insurance, where they are protected from any fraudulent use of the card from the time the loss is reported to IDBI. In order to claim for the insurance and get an approval, you should have made at least two purchase transactions in the last three months until the event date.
- Loyalty program – If you have a Being Me Debit Card, you can earn up to two loyalty points every time they spend Rs.100 at merchant establishments. However, loyalty points cannot be earned on payments towards government tax payment, mutual funds, insurance premium payment, payment to educational institutes, and IRCT payment. The reward structure is subject to revision from time to time.
- Daily withdrawal and expenditure limit – Being Me Debit Card holders have a daily withdrawal limit of Rs.25,000 at ATMs. They can also make purchases worth up to Rs.25,000 in a single day at merchant establishments or even online.
- Online shopping – The Being Me card can also be used online for shopping, paying utility bills, booking railway or airline tickets, provided a proper authentication is followed.
- Merchant establishment discounts – IDBI offers users of the Being Me Debit Card attractive discounts and offers at select merchant establishments who have tie-ups with the bank.
- Card validity – The Being Me Debit Card from IDBI comes with a validity of up to five years.
- Petrol surcharge – Cardholders can enjoy a surcharge of 2.5% on the transaction value, if the Being Me card is used at petrol pumps and railways.
How to apply for the IDBI Being Me Debit Card:
You can apply for the Being Me Debit Card by filling in the account opening form and submitting the required documents. In order to find out further details, you can call on the customer care number or email them as well.
Fees and charges for IDBI Being Me Debit Card:
Given below are the charges for the users of the IDBI Being Me Debit Card:
|Minimum MAB (Monthly Average Balance) Requirement||Rs.2,500|
|Annual fee (second year onwards)||Rs.220|
|International ATM transactions||Financial – Rs.140/transaction Non-financial – Rs.30/transaction|
|ATM cash withdrawal limit||Rs.25,000/day|
|NEFT banking||Net banking – Free Branch Channel: Up to Rs.10,000 – Nil Above Rs.10,000 to Rs.1 lakh – Rs.5 Above Rs.1 lakh to Rs.2 lakh – Rs.15 Above Rs.2 lakh – Rs.25|
|RTGS banking||9a.m. – 12p.m. R.2 lakh to Rs.5 lakh – Rs.25 Above Rs.5 lakh – Rs.50 12p.m. – 3:30p.m. R.2 lakh to Rs.5 lakh – Rs.26 Above Rs.5 lakh – Rs.51 3:30p.m. – 5:30p.m. R.2 lakh to Rs.5 lakh – Rs.30 Above Rs.5 lakh – Rs.55|
Being Me Debit Card FAQs
What is the annual fee for the Being Me Debit Card?
The annual fee for the Being Me Debit Card for the first year is free. An annual fee of Rs.220 is charged from the second year onwards.
What are the replacement charges for a lost or stolen IDBI Being Me Debit Card?
You are required to pay Rs.220 inclusive of applicable service taxes for replacement of a lost or stolen Being Me Debit Cards.
Does IDBI Bank charge anything for carrying out NEFT transactions through internet banking?
No, there are no charges for NEFT transactions through internet banking.
How many days does it take to close the account if I have a Being Me Debit Card from IDBI?
If you request for account closure within 14 days of opening, there is no fee charged. However, over 14 days and up to one year, the bank levies Rs.100, and for accounts older than a year, no fee is charged for account closure.
Does IDBI charge its account holders a fee for SMS alerts or alerts via email?
No, there is no fee that the bank requires its customers to pay for alerts via SMS or e-mail.