For those travelling from the United Kingdom to India, ICICI Bank’s Indian Rupee Travel Card is just for them. Customers can transfer foreign currencies to the Indian Rupee Travel Card (depending on the exchange rate of the day) and can make withdrawals and transactions at merchant establishments in Indian rupees. Since the card can hold a maximum of Rs.50,000, customers have the benefit of reloading while in India from any bank in the United Kingdom.
Features and Benefits of ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card
- At competitive exchange rates, customers can loan Indian rupees on to their ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card.
- Customers travelling to India can make withdrawals using this debit card from 6,000 ATMs across India.
- Customers can make transactions and withdrawals using the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card.
- In case they lose the Travel card, customers can avail a secondary card for emergency use.
- Customers can track their expenses through the e-mail alerts and bank statements.
- While in India, customers can make a top-up through any UK bank.
- The maximum one can hold in the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is Rs.50,000.
- Customers holding the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card can make transactions at all merchant establishments that accept VISA cards.
- Customers in the UK can apply for the card when applying for a Visa to India.
- The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card will automatically be deactivated 170 days from the first credit. If there is any residual amount in the card, it will be redirected to the bank account of the customer. If required, the customer can also deactivate the card by calling ICICI Bank’s customer care number.
- Customers will receive an SMS or email alert when they make a top-up as well.
- For any assistance, customers can ICICI Bank’s 24/7 customer care regarding the Indian Rupee Travel Card.
- While in India, customers can also shop online at any online merchant establishment that accepts VISA cards.
- Customers can apply for the card at any of ICICI Bank’s 11 branches in the United Kingdom.
- No minimum balance is required.
How to Load or Reload the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card
On receiving the card, customers can load and reload anytime, in the United Kingdom or India.
Note, that the maximum the Indian Rupee Travel Card can hold at any point is Rs,50,00. Customers can load or reload the Travel card by following the steps mentioned below:
Through online transfer:
- Customer can transfer money from any of their banks in the UK to their ICICI Bank account.
- Customers have to enter the 16-digit Indian Rupee Travel Card number when making the transfer. Without this number, it will be impossible to the load the card.
- The exchange rate will be that of the day.
- Following the transfer, the customer will receive a confirmation of the same within two working days.
At any ICICI Bank branch:
- Customers have the choice of loading the Indian Rupee Travel Card at any of the ICICI Bank branches. To do so, they will have to be present in person at the bank.
- To make the reload, customers can hand over foreign currencies at well or a cheque of their UK bank branch.
- The customer will be required to fill in the corresponding form required to make the transfer. Additionally, the customer will be required to submit copies of their passport, immigration and visa.
- The funds will loaded in the Indian Rupee Travel Card within two bank working days
Application Process for ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card
Customers can apply for the Indian Rupee Travel Card at any of ICICI Bank’s 11 branches in the United Kingdom. They would have to meet certain eligibility criteria and submit documents to be eligible for the card as well.
- All United Kingdom residents travelling to India and that are 18 years and above are eligible for the Indian Rupee Travel Card.
- The customer will be required to submit the following documents:
- Passport - Should be valid for at least 6 months.
- Proof of identity - Valid UK licence, Council Tax bill, bank or building society statement.
- Proof of address - Utility bills, Electricity bill, landline telephone bill, gas or water bill.
- Customers will be required to submit the application form for the Indian Rupee Travel Card along with their passport and the above mentioned identity and address proof documents.
ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card Fees and Charges
Listed below are the fees and charges for the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card:
|Issuance of Indian Rupee Travel Card||Rs.350|
|Load/ Reload/ Refund||Free|
|Duplicate ATM PIN/ Internet banking password/ PIN for authentication over phone (Per request)||Free|
|Cash withdrawal at ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||Free|
|Cash withdrawal at non-ICICI Bank Ltd.||Rs.25|
|Balance enquiry from ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||Free|
|Balance enquiry from non-ICICI Bank Ltd. ATMs||Rs.25|
|Transaction alerts through Email||Free|
|Transaction alerts through Email||Rs.25|
*GST applicable for all services
ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card FAQs
1. What is the ATM cash withdrawal limit for the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card?
Customer using the ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card can make a minimum withdrawal of Rs.100 per day and a maximum withdrawal of Rs.50,000.
2. What if I have forgotten my PIN? Would should I do?
You can generate the PIN at any ICICI Bank ATM by following the steps mentioned below:
- Insert your ATM/Debit Card in any ICICI Bank ATM.
- Select Generate PIN/Forgot PIN option on the Language screen.
- Select “Generate OTP”.
- Enter your registered mobile number with ICICI Bank.
- Enter Date of Birth as registered with the bank. Follow the DD-MM-YYYY format.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number via SMS.
- Now, insert your ATM/Debit Card again.
- Click on the Generate PIN/Forgot PIN option.
- Select “Already have OTP”.
- Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Enter your new ATM PIN
- Re-enter the new ATM PIN that you have chosen.
- Once this is done, your PIN will successfully have been generated.
3. How will I know of the balance in my ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card?
You will receive an alert - either by SMS or email - every time you make a transaction. The alert will also display the outstanding balance in the card. Else, you can check the balance in the card at any ATM.
4. Can I use this Travel Card in places other than India?
No it can be used only in India.
5. How long is this card valid for? Since I have a visa for 1 year.
The ICICI Bank Indian Rupee Travel Card is valid for a period of 170 days from the first credit.
It will automatically be deactivated.