Dhanlaxmi Bank offers a wide variety of different debit cards that are used to help manage your savings account. The International Visa Debit Card provides its customers access to their account at anytime and anywhere. Enjoy a number of standard benefits which are offered like shopping for groceries, travel, dining, and a lot more.
Features and benefits of a Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card
- You can use this debit card at any access point or merchant establishment which accepts Visa Cards
- You can shop at over 425,000 outlets located all across the country and more than 13 million establishments worldwide
- Make payments online using the secured Verified By VISA (VBV) which helps you to shop securely
- Feel free to use the Rs.20,000 withdrawal limit per day for making various transactions
- You can use your ATM card for 10 transactions in a single day
- The debit card is valid for a term of 5 years from the time the debit card is issued to a customer
- Avail the insurance benefits that come with this card which covers burglary, theft, etc. for cash withdrawals made through ATMs for a period of 48 hours
- This card can also be used outside the country at ATM’s which are VISA enabled but cannot be used for foreign currency payments
- Avail a number of offers and vouchers from companies like Croma, Snapdeal, Urban Clap, Zomato, Urban ladder, etc. which are awarded to Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card holders
How do I apply for a Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card?
If you do not have a savings account with Dhanlaxmi Bank, you will have to open one first by downloading the application form online or visiting the nearest branch. You would then have to fill in all the required details that have been asked for after which you are then required to drop off the application form at the nearest branch of Dhanlaxmi Bank. You can also chose to fill in the application form available online or visit the nearest branch of Dhanlaxmi Bank and open an account.
Once you have opened a savings account with Dhanlaxmi Bank, you will have to apply for a Visa International Debit Card. This can be done by either downloading the form from the official website of Dhanlaxmi Bank or by visiting the nearest branch of Dhanlaxmi Bank.
Once the bank is satisfied with your application form and your KYC documents, the bank will then issue your debit card which will be delivered with your baking kit to your address that has been mentioned in the application form. The banking kit will contain the ATM card along with the PIN, your unique net banking ID and password, and other important documents like a user manual, customer service helpline number, etc.
If the customer is an NRI (Non-Resident Indian), the customer will then have to have a NRE savings or current account with Dhanlaxmi Bank to own an International Debit Card.
Documents that are required for a Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card
To be eligible for a Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card, you will need to have an account opened with any branch of Dhanlaxmi Bank. You will then be required to provide the required KYC documents when applying for a Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card.
- Recent passport photograph
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Residence
You could also provide any Government-issued document such as a Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Drivers Licence, Utility bills, etc.
A customer who is interested in opening an account with Dhanlaxmi Bank will have to submit the following documents which are listed below as a Proof of Identity:
- Voter's ID
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
- Driving Licence
- Identity card which is accepted by the bank
The applicant will also be required to provide any of the following documents as a Proof of Address (POA):
- Utilities bills like electricity, telephone (landline), water, etc.
- Voter's ID
- Ration card
- Letter from employer
- Rent agreement stating the address of the applicant
- Letter from a public authority
Here are a few points that will help make your banking experience a lot easier
- Make sure you sign on the back of your debit card as soon as you receive your banking kit
- Do not expose the magnetic strip which is on the back of your debit card to magnets, direct sunlight, scratches, etc. as it contains vital information pertaining to your card
- It is always a good idea to keep a photocopy of the front and back of your debit card
- If your debit card is lost or stolen, contact the customer service number of Dhanlaxmi Bank immediately to block you card and prevent any fraudulent transactions from taking place
- Never make copies of your PIN and keep it on you, especially in your wallet
- Never reveal your PIN to anyone
- Do not try to make any transactions using your debit card at any Point of Sales (POS) where a VISA Electron swipe terminal is not present
- Do not attempt to make a transaction through a telephone or mail
In case you have a query about your debit card or if your Dhanlaxmi Bank International Debit Card is lost or stolen, contact the customer service number of Dhanlaxmi Bank immediately.
Customer Service Number: +91-0487-66130000, 1800-425-1747
If your card is lost or stolen, you will have to confirm the same in writing and submit it to the bank where you have opened your account.
|Charges for issuing a debit card||Nil|
|Charges levied for the issue of add-on cards||Rs.100|
|Re-generation of PIN||Nil|
|Replacement of hot listed/lost/stolen card||Rs.100|
|Charge slip retrieval||Rs.100|
|Cash withdrawal and balance enquiry||Nil|
|Currency conversion||2% of the amount|
|Transactions at Dhanlaxmi Bank||Nil|
|Transactions at petrol bunks, railways, airline counters, etc.||2.5% of the amount|
Dhanlaxmi Bank Debit Card FAQs
What is Debit Card?
A debit card is a plastic card which comes with a magnetic strip on the back that contains all the vital information about your account such as account number, available balance, etc. A debit card can be used to make purchases at different merchant establishments or can also be used to withdraw money out of an ATM in India or abroad.
What is the difference between a debit card and a credit card?
A debit card works on the principle of “Buy now, pay now” while a credit card works on the principle of “Buy now, pay later”. You are required to make monthly payments that goes towards a credit card that has been used along with interest. A debit card, on the other hand, does not require any monthly payments to be made. Therefore, a debit card will help you monitor your spending and keep it in check.
Where can I used my debit card?
You can use you debit card to make withdrawals at any VISA/PLUS ATMs and other networks. You can also use your debit card to make online transactions, transfer money from one account to another, netbanking, etc.
What will happen if I enter my PIN incorrectly?
If you enter your PIN incorrectly more than three times, your card will be locked for a duration of 24 hours. The card will then be unlocked after 24 hours after which you can resume using your card.
What do I do if I have forgotten my PIN?
You can apply for new PIN by getting in touch with the bank or by calling the customer care number.
What do I do if the ATM retains my card?
If an ATM retains your card, which could be because of a number of issues like hardware, exceeding the number of time you enter the wrong PIN, power related issues, expired cards, etc., contact customer service or visit the nearest branch of Dhanlaxmi Bank to hot list your debit card and submit the required information required to collect your debit card.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.