A complimentary service offered by CitiBank, the CitiAlert notifies customers after every transaction made from their account. Through the SMS alerts, customers can keep track of their account and notify the bank if they haven’t really made the transaction - which could be a result of fraudulent activity.
There are three categories of the CitiAlert - Essential, Mandatory and Optional. The Essential and Mandatory alerts are automatically enabled when a customer opens a savings account. For them, the customer has to register his/her mobile number and email ID when opening the account.
Features and benefits of the CitiAlert
- Immediate alert, if one has made a withdrawal, transaction or if money has been credited to the account.
- The CitiAlert is 24/7.
- With the CitiAlert, customers can keep a check on fraudulent activity.
- If the customer has not make any sort of transaction yet has received a message, he/she can contact the bank immediately and resolve the issue.
Types of CitiAlert
CitiAlert has three categories - Essential, Mandatory and Optional.
- Essential CitiAlert
Examples of Essential CitiAlert are listed below:
- When the CitiBank customer receives a fund transfer to his/her account.
- When a draft is dispatched by the bank to the customer.
- When the PIN has been dispatched to the address of the customer.
- When the customer has changed his/her address at the bank branch or via his/her net banking account.
- When the customer has updated his/her PAN card.
- Mandatory CitiAlert
Examples of Mandatory CitiAlert are listed below:
- When the account opening welcome kit has been sent to the address of the customer.
- When the account holder updates his/her name.
- When the account holder changes his/her signature.
- When the customer’s deposit date is reaching the maturity date.
- When the customer links his/her CitiBank account to other bank accounts or to their Aadhaar card.
- Optional CitiAlert
Customers can register for Optional CitiAlert via their net banking account. They can also decide whether they would like to receive the alert either daily, weekly, or fortnightly. Examples of Optional CitiAlert are listed below.
- When the customer deposits a cheque in his/her account.
- When the cheque amount is debited from the customer’s account.
- When the cheque has been blocked or has bounced.
- Do I have to request the CitiBank to give me this service?
- What should I do if I receive a transaction message when I haven’t made one?
- Do I get charged for this service?
- What happens if I receive a message for a withdrawal yet the ATM did not dispatch the money?
- Will we receive the alerts only during CitiBank’s working hours?
The Essential and Mandatory Alert service will be automatically provided when you open your account. You will have to register your mobile number and email ID when opening an account with CitiBank. If you wish to have the Optional CitiAlert, you can register for the service via your net banking account.
You have to contact the bank immediately to resolve the issue.
If you are required to reply to the alert then normal SMS charges will be applicable. If not, there are no charges for receiving the messages.
In most cases the money will be credited to your account in a few hours. If not, contact the bank within 24 hours from the incident.
No, the CitiAlert is a 24/7 service.