Bank of Baroda invites us to experience the brilliance of using a Bank of Baroda Visa EMV Chip Debit Card. The card comes with an EMV chip which is an embedded microprocessor that is used to store and protect a cardholder’s data. The card comes with a high withdrawal and spending limit which can be utilized everyday. The card is accepted at all ATMs and merchant stores which display the Visa logo.
Features of Visa EMV Chip Debit Card:
- The card is enabled to be used internationally
- It is a premium card that offers higher spending limits than other cards
- Cash withdrawals are limited to Rs.1 lakh a day from any ATM
- Spending limit has been capped at Rs.2 lakh per day at any Point of Sale (POS) outlets
- This card can be used at any of the 6,900+ Bank of Baroda ATMs spread across the country
- This card can also be used at any of the 1,18,000+ ATMs which are member banks of the National Financial Switch
- Can also be used at any member bank of Bank of Baroda which displays the Visa logo
- This card can be used for online transactions also
- You can use this card to get a mini-statement about your account from any ATM
- This card can be used to make payments at restaurants, for shopping, paying for groceries, etc.
How do you apply for a Visa EMV Debit Card?
An individual can apply for a Visa EMV Debit Card by first opening a savings account with Bank of Baroda. The application form needs to be duly filled out and sent to the bank along with all necessary documents. The bank will then determine if you are eligible to open an account with them.
Steps that need to be followed to open a bank account:
- Go to the official website of Bank of Baroda and download the “Account Opening Form”
- Fill in all the fields on the application form
- Submit the duly filled application form along with any documents that have asked for
- Once the bank is done reviewing your application form, the bank will create your account
- The bank will then issue a debit card which will be sent to the address you provide along with the debit card PIN number
You are required to submit the following documents for clarifying identification when you’re applying for a Visa EMV Chip Debit:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- PAN Card with photograph
- Any document with your photo on it that has been certified by the Central/State government and its departments
- Passport (Verification for NRI’s)
You are required to provide any of the following documents for Proof of Address (POA) also:
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- Ration Card
- Registered Sale or Lease Agreement of Residence
- Utility bills like telephone (landline only), electricity, and water (not more than 3 months old)
- Any legal document that is issued by the State/Central government or any of its departments
- Insurance Copy
- Women who are married can submit a POA in the name of their husband
Please ensure that all copies are attested before submission.
Service Charges and Fees related to Debit Cards:
Let us take a look at the list of services and charges that is provided by Bank of Baroda on their debit cards. These charges may vary for Bank of Baroda’s Visa EMV Chip Debit.
|Annual Fee||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Replacement of card (Within India)||Rs.200|
|Charges for additional cards||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for the following years (Not applied for No Frill Accounts)|
|Renewal of Debit Card on expiry||None|
|Regeneration of PIN||Rs.150|
|Balance Enquiry at BOB ATM in India||None|
|Cash Withdrawal at BOB ATM in India||None|
|Mini Statement at BOB ATM in India||None|
|Transactions made at Metro ATMs of other banks located in 6 Metro cities: Mumbai, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru||
|Transactions made at Metro ATMs located at any other place other than the mentioned 6 Metro cities||
|For every transaction that is made on an overdraft/current account holders||Rs.20|
|MasterCard/ Visa/ RuPay||
|Charges for retrieval of charge slip||Rs.400|
|Rail tickets and fuel surcharges||2.50% or of transaction amount or Rs.10 (whichever is higher)|
|Surcharges on payments of certain government services and payment at certain educational institutions||1% of the transaction amount|
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.