The Bank of Baroda RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card enables customers to shop, dine, travel without carrying cash. Customers can make withdrawals at more than 1.26 ATMs across the country. The card is also enabled for international use and e-commerce transactions. This debit card has high withdrawal limits and spend limits.
Features of Bank of Baroda RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card
- The card is enabled for international spends.
- The card can be used at any outlet that accepts RuPay.
- The card is PIN based so the customer must verify the transaction with the PIN.
- Spend limits are capped at Rs.2 lakh per day at POS terminals.
- Can be use at more than 8,000 BOB ATMs and more than 1.18 lakh ATMs of 66 member banks of NFS (National Financial Switch) in India.
- Cash withdrawals at ATMs are capped at Rs.1 lakh per day.
- Card to card fund transfers at ATMs.
- The card can be used for dining, shopping, and travelling expenses.
- The card is enabled for online usage.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for the RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card, you need to open a savings or current account with Bank of Baroda. According to your income/expected turnover, Bank of Baroda will determine if you are eligible for this card.
- To apply, you can log on to the Bank of Baroda website and download the “account opening” form. Forms are available at any BOB branch.
- To apply for the debit card, in the application form, you need to check the box “BOB card”.
- You need to enter the name in which you would like the debit card to be issued.
- After you submit the form along with the required KYC Documents, Bank of Baroda will open an account for you and your debit card and PIN will be issued.
Documents Required for Bank of Baroda RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card
You need to submit one latest identification with photograph:
- PAN card
- Voter’s ID
- Government ID card
- Passport (Mandatory for NRI)
- Driving license
- Letter from recognized public authority or public servant
- Identity Card or confirmation from employer
- Any other document with photograph acceptable to the Bank of Baroda
- Confirmation letter from other bank
- Married women may submit any proof of identity with the maiden name provided it is backed by a certified true copy of marriage certificate
You need to submit one address proof
- Voters ID
- Driving license
- Ration card
- Telephone bill or electricity bill
- Letter from employer
- Income or Wealth Tax assessment order
- Bank account statement
- Any document of communication issued by any authority of Central or State Government or local body showing residential address of the applicant
- Married women can submit address proof in the name of their husband
- Any documentary evidence in support of residential address acceptable by Bank of Baroda
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the fees and charges associated with Bank of Baroda debit cards. The fees applicable on the Bank of Baroda RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card may vary.
|Annual Fees||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|Add-on Cards||Waived for the first year. Rs.100 p.a. for subsequent years. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|ATM transactions at Bank of Baroda ATMs||Free|
|ATM transactions at Metro ATMs of other banks (Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai)||
|ATM transactions at ATMs of other banks at other locations||
|ATM transactions at ATMs for current/overdraft account holders||Rs.20 per transaction|
|Charge Slip retrieval||Rs.400|
|Card replacement (delivery within India)||Rs.200|
|Surcharge for payment at certain schools, colleges, universities, and government services||1% of the transaction amount|
|Rail ticket surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
|Fuel Surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
*Fees and charges are subject to amendments from time to time as per the bank’s regulations. GST as per the tax laws will be applicable.
Bank of Baroda RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card FAQs
What is a debit card PIN? How do I get it?
A PIN will be sent via post to your registered address in a sealed envelope. It is a four-digit personal identification number that is unique to your debit card. You need to enter this PIN to carry out transactions at ATMs, POS and online. The PIN verifies and confirms your transaction. You should keep it safely and do not reveal it to anyone else.
What are the services offered at Bank of Baroda ATMs?
The following services are offered at any Bank of Baroda ATM:
- Cash withdrawal
- PIN change
- Balance enquiry
- Card to Card transfer
- Print Mini Statement
A PIN will be sent in a sealed envelope to your registered address.
Visit any ATM to activate your debit card.
Insert your card into the designated slot and request to change the PIN.
Enter the PIN given to you by the bank and then enter the new PIN you would like to set for your debit card and confirm.
Your ATM card will be activated with the new PIN.
You can then use it at any ATM, POS terminal or online.
Inform Bank of Baroda immediately whether the card is lost, stolen or misplaced. You can do so by calling the customer care service 24/7. Your card will be blocked and you will be issued a new one.
If your debit card has been held back by the ATM, you need to inform Bank of Baroda immediately by calling the customer care service. Your card will be blocked and you will be issued a new one.
You can renew your debit card free of charge. A fresh card will be issued to you. You can dispose of your old card by cutting it into four pieces through the magnetic strip. This will ensure that the card can no longer be used for any purpose, fraud, misuse and so on.
Bank of Baroda offers card to card transfers that can be done instantly at ATMs via the debit card number of the beneficiary. This is carried out on the NPCI NPS platform. Bank account numbers and IFSC codes are not required. You can transfer Rs.5,000 per transaction and Rs.25,000 per month. This service is available 24/7 at any BOB ATM.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.