Bank of Baroda offers non-personalised debit cards to customers which are issued instantly upon opening a bank account. The card is available in two variants: RuPay and Visa. The card is valid for domestic use and is aimed at facilitating cashless transactions immediately upon opening a bank account.
Features of Non-personalised Debit Cards
- PIN-based debit card that does not bear your personal information or photograph
- The card is valid for use at ATMs, POS and Ecommerce
- Transaction limits at merchant outlets are capped at Rs.50,000 per day
- Cash withdrawals are card at Rs.25,000 per day at any ATM
- Can be use at more than 6,900 BOB ATMs and more than 1.18 lakh ATMs of 66 member banks of NFS (National Financial Switch) in India
- Enabled for card-to-card fund transfers at ATMs
How to apply
You can apply for the non-personalised debit card by opening a savings account or current account with Bank of Baroda. You can opt for this card at the time of opening the account.
- To apply, you can download the “account opening” form on the Bank of Baroda website. Forms are also available at bank branches.
- While filling up the form, opt to receive the debit card.
- Submit the duly filled form to Bank of Baroda along with the KYC documents required.
- Once your bank account is opened, your debit card and PIN will be issued.
Documents Required for Non-personalised Debit Cards
One ID Proof with photograph is required. Given below is a list of accepted documents:
- Driving license
- Voter’s ID
- Passport (Mandatory for NRI)
- Government ID card
- PAN card
- Letter from recognized public authority or public servant
- Identity Card or confirmation from employer
- Confirmation letter from other bank
- Married women may submit any proof of identity with the maiden name provided it is supported by a certified true copy of marriage certificate
- Any other document with photograph acceptable to the Bank of Baroda
One Address Proof is required. Given below is a list of accepted documents:
- Ration card
- Voters ID
- Driving license
- Telephone bill or electricity bill
- Bank account statement
- Income or Wealth Tax assessment order
- Letter from employer
- Any document of communication issued by any authority of Central or State Government or local body showing residential address of the applicant
- Married women can submit address proof in the name of their husband
- Any documentary evidence in support of residential address acceptable by Bank of Baroda
Fees and Charges
Listed below are the fees and charges associated with Bank of Baroda debit cards. The fees applicable on the Bank of Baroda Non-personalized Debit Card may vary.
|Annual Fees||Rs.100 p.a. Waived for the first year. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|Add-on Cards||Rs.100 p.a. Waived for the first year. (Not applicable on No Frill Accounts)|
|Card replacement (delivery within India)||Rs.200|
|ATM transactions at Bank of Baroda ATMs||Zero|
|ATM transactions at ATMs for current/overdraft account holders||Rs.20 per transaction|
|ATM transactions at Metro ATMs of other banks (Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai)||
|ATM transactions at ATMs of other banks at other locations||
|Charge Slip retrieval||Rs.400|
|Surcharge for payment at certain schools, colleges, universities, and government services||1% of the transaction amount|
|Rail ticket surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
|Fuel Surcharge||2.5% of transaction amount or Rs.10, whichever is higher|
*Fees and charges are subject to amendments from time to time as per the bank’s regulations. Service tax as per the prevailing tax laws will be applicable.
Bank of Baroda Non-personalised Debit Cards FAQs
What is the course of action to be followed in case of lost debit card?
If you lost your debit card, contact Bank of Baroda through the customer care service available round the clock. Inform them that you have lost or misplaced your debit card. They will block the debit card. This ensures no one misuses your card and your money. A new debit card will be issued.
Why do I need a PIN?
A debit card PIN is a 4-digit personal identification number. The PIN is used to carry out any transaction or withdrawal and ensures security against fraud and misuse The PIN is usually sent to your registered address or maybe handed to you at the bank at the time of opening the account in a sealed envelope. The PIN should be kept secret, not even bank authorities will know your PIN.
Can I use my debit card immediately after receiving it?
You need to activate your debit card at any ATM before you use it anywhere else. Insert your card into the designated slot of the ATM machine, enter the PIN given to you by the bank and request to change the PIN. Enter the new PIN you would like to set for your debit card and confirm. Your ATM card will be activated with the new PIN. You can then use it at any ATM, POS terminal or online.
Will my debit card statement be separate from my account statement?
No, your bank account statement will include all debit card transactions and withdrawals.
What are the services offered at Bank of Baroda ATMs?
You can carry out the following transactions at any Bank of Baroda ATM:
- Balance enquiry
- Cash withdrawal
- PIN change
- Print Mini Statement
- Card to Card transfer
Yes, Bank of Baroda provides two facilities for fund transfers at ATMS:
Card to Card - You can transfer upto Rs.5,000 per transaction from your debit card to another debit card. You only need to enter the beneficiary’s debit card number to make the transfer. You can transfer up to Rs.25,000 per month.
NEFT - You can carry out NEFT transactions at ATMs. You need to enter the beneficiary’s account number and IFSC code.
No, if your debit card has expired, you should cut the card into four pieces through the magnetic strip before throwing it away. This will protect you from fraud, misuse and duplication.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.