With debit/credit card fraud on the rise year after year, amounting to $16 million in 2016, Axis Bank has rolled out a comprehensive Card Protection Plan. The Card Protection Plan helps Axis Bank customers protect their savings, documents and so on in the case of loss, theft or fraud. Just by calling the Axis Bank CPP (Card Protection Plan) 24/7 helpline, customers can report loss or theft of their card and get it blocked immediately - from anywhere in the world.
Features of Axis Bank Card Protection Plan
- With just one call to the Axis Bank CPP helpline - from anywhere in the world - customers can block their credit/debit card in the case of theft, fraud or loss.
- Axis Bank customers enrolled with the Card Protection Plan can get a free replacement of their PAN card if they have lost it.
- Complete fraud protection for their debit/credit card and internet banking account.
- Customers can block their SIM if their phone has been stolen by calling the Axis Bank Card Protection Plan helpline.
- Customers can avail the emergency cash advance facility in India - if they have lost their card or it has been stolen.
- For customers who are abroad and have lost their debit/credit card or are victims of card theft or fraud, they can avail the emergency hotel and travel assistance that comes with the Axis Bank Card Protection Plan.
- Customers enrolled with the Card Protection Plan can register their documents - Passport, Aadhaar card, driver’s license, etc. By doing so, they can retrieve the details if they ever misplace or lose them.
Benefits of Axis Bank Card Protection Plan
- Customers that have opted for the Axis Bank Card Protection Plan can block their debit/credit card from anywhere in the world. They can do so by calling the below listed numbers:
- Axis Bank Card Protection Plan 24/7 helpline - 6000-4000
- Axis Bank Card Protection Plan emergency toll-free helpline - 1800-419-4000
- Axis Bank Card Protection Plan emergency international number - 91-921244-4000
- Axis Bank customers who have subscribed for the Card Protection Plan have complete fraud protection for their debit/credit cards.
- Customers in India that lose their credit/debit card have the option of emergency cash advance up to Rs.20,000.
- Free replacement of PAN card if a customer has lost it.
- For Axis Bank customers that are travelling and have lost their credit/debit card or it has been stolen, they can avail the hotel and travel assistance that comes with the Card Protection Plan. The emergency assistance for hotel reservations and travel bookings are up to Rs.1.6 lakh - in each case.
- Registration of valuable documents. If a customer loses his/her documents abroad, they can make use of the details registered with the Axis Bank Card Protection Plan.
- Axis Bank Card Protection Plan customers get a free one-year subscription to F-Secure Internet Security. The F-Secure Internet Security adds another layer of security when carrying out internet banking transactions from personal computers/laptops.
Axis Bank Card Protection Plan details
|Plan Benefits||Premium Plan||Platinum Plan|
|Single Call to Block All Cards||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Cash in India||Rs.20,000||Rs.20,000|
|Fraud Protection Prior to Notification||Rs.2 lakh||Rs.3 lakh|
|Emergency Advance for Hotels Overseas||Rs.1.2 lakh||Rs.1.6 lakh|
|Emergency Advance for Hotels in India||Rs.60,000||Rs.80,000|
|Travel Ticket Advance Overseas||Rs.1.2 lakh||Rs.1.6 lakh|
|Travel Ticket Advance in India||Rs.60,000||Rs.80,000|
|F-Secure Internet Security||Yes||Yes|
|Free PAN Card Replacement||Yes||Yes|
Axis Bank Card Protection Plan FAQs
Is it mandatory to have a Card Protection Plan with Axis Bank when opening an account or subscribing for a debit card?
What are the premiums for the Axis Bank Card Protection Plan?
What happens if my credit/debit card is stolen abroad?
What are the other benefits of the Card Protection Plan apart from hotel and travel cash advances?
How much cash advance can I get in India if my card is lost/stolen?
No, it is not necessary but it is a necessity. Having a Card Protection Plan will enhance your debit/credit card security and offer you the necessary coverage if your debit/credit card is stolen, lost, etc.
The basic premium is Rs.1,999 and the premium for the Card Protection Premium Plan is Rs.2,499.
The first step that you should take is to call the CPP emergency international number - 91-921244-4000. By doing so, your card will be blocked immediately. Next, if need be you can avail the emergency cash advance for hotel bookings or to buy tickets to travel. The coverage for making hotel reservations abroad in an emergency is up to Rs.1.6 lakhs and for purchasing travel tickets is Rs.1.6 lakh as well.
You can get your PAN card replaced if you lose it, register valuable documents with CPP in case you lose them abroad, and have a free one-year F-Secure Internet Security to enhance your security when making internet banking transactions.
The maximum cash advance amount in India is Rs.20,000.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.