Emergency Certificate Passport
What is it?
This is a one-way travel certificate issued to Indian citizens who are in a foreign country and need to come back to India on an emergency basis. The certificate will be issued to applicants in case of issues such as lost, stolen or damaged passports when abroad. Emergency certificates are only issued when a fresh passport approval in not granted by India. This document is valid for a period of 1 month during which you should travel back to India.
How to apply for Emergency Certificate?
The only way to get an Emergency Certificate is to apply in person at an Indian consulate. The consulate authorities will conduct a personal interview to review and decide upon the application. The application cannot be made online, through mail or any other mode except for in person interview.
In case of deportations, the Emergency Certificate will be issued directly to the deportation officer of the foreign country.
Passport Identity Certificate
- What is the Identity Certificate?
IC or Identity Certificate is issued to the Tibetan refugees staying in India. This is carried out from the RPO (Regional Passport Office) in Delhi when recommended by the Bureau of HHDL (His Holiness the Dalai Lama), New Delhi. Along with the refugees from Tibet, stateless individuals can also apply for the IC (Identity Certificate) at the Regional Passport Office. They must apply under the jurisdiction of their residence at present.
The Identity Certificate issuance is subject to get clearance by the External Affairs Ministry (CPV (Consular Passport and Visa) Division). Along with this, clearance is also required from the State Government (Police Department / Home Affairs Department) and FRRO for the grant of NORI (No Objection to Return to India) to get stamped on the IC (Identity Certificate).
- Where to find the Identity Certificate Application Form?
In order to the find the application form for the IC or Identity Certificate, you will have to go to the official website of Passport Seva service. Log on to passportindia.gov.in and download the passport application form for the Identity Certificate.
- Where to submit the Identity Certificate Application Form?
All the Tibetan refugees staying in India must submit the duly filled by Identity Certificate application form at Regional Passport Office, Delhi. The Stateless individuals staying in India must apply at the passport offices that fall under the jurisdiction of their current residence.
- What is the validity of the Identity Certificate?
The identity certificate is issued for a period of 10 years.
- Is there any fee associated with the Identity Certificate?
Yes. There is a fee associated with the Identity Certificate. To know more about the details of the fee associated with the Identity Certificate, you must log on to the official website of Passport Seva service and click on the ‘Fee Calculator’.
Know More About Indian Passport Fees 2016
Passport Surrender Certificate
What is it?
The surrender certificate is issued to passport holders so that their passports are cancelled. This is mainly done by people opting to forego their Indian citizenship in favour of a foreign citizenship. Apart from these passport holders, diplomatic/official passport holders also apply for surrender certificates for their diplomatic/official/ordinary passports. In case of acquiring a new citizenship, it is imperative that you surrender your Indian passport within 90 days of naturalization in a new country.
Who can apply for it?
The process of getting a surrender certificate involves a few simple steps and involves a fee for people looking to forego Indian citizenship. For other categories of applicants such as diplomatic passport holders, the process involves visiting a passport office in person and only after that applying for the surrender certificate.
What are the fees and documentation requirements for surrender certificates?
The fees is divided for 2 categories of applicants.
- Those who acquired foreign citizenship before 1st June 2010: Rs.500
- Those who acquired foreign citizenship on or after 1st June 2010: Rs.5,000
In terms of documents, you should submit the following:
- Original passport
- Foreign nationality proof
How to apply for Surrender Certificate?
The process can be completed both online and in person.
To initiate the online process,
- First you need to register with the Passport Seva portal.
- Once you receive your Login ID and password, login to your account on the portal.
- Next, click on the ‘Apply for Surrender Certificate’ link on the page.
- You will be directed to a page which will ask for some details. Fill this form and submit it.
- In the next page, click on the ‘View/Print Submitted Form’ link and print the application form.
- Submit this form along with related documents at the passport office linked to your present address.
You can apply for the same offline by first booking an appointment with the passport office and then completing the formalities as directed by the authorities.
LoC Permit Certificate
- What is the LoC Permit?
RPO Srinagar and RPO Jammu issue LoC Permits for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir who want to visit their close relatives who live across the LoC (Line of Control). This permit is issued for the people for valid reasons like attending someone’s wedding. In the same way, PAK (Pakistan Administered Kashmir) authorities can also issue such LoC Permits to the natives of Jammu and Kashmir staying on their side of the Line of Control.
- Where to find the LoC permit application form?
The application form for the LoC Permit can be downloaded from the official website of Passport Seva service. All that one needs to do is log on to the website passportindia.gov.in and download the form. The print out of the form must also be taken after downloading it.
- Is there any fee for the Line of Control Permit?
No. There is no fee associated with the Line of Control Permit. It is free of cost.
- What documents are needed for the Line of Control Permit?
When you submit the LoC permit application after filling it up properly using black ink or blue ink, you will have to attach a few more documents with it. These documents are as follows:
- Proof of DOB (Date of Birth): Any on document
- S.M.C. or T.A.C. Certificate
- Annexure A for the applicants who are illiterate
- Certificate of Matriculation attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Address Proof in India: Any one document
- Aadhaar Card
- Electricity bill
- Mobile phone bill or telephone bill
- Identity Certificate issued by the Election Commission of India
- Certificate of State Subject attested by a Gazetted Officer
- Proof of DOB (Date of Birth): Any on document
- I have an infant who needs to travel along with me to the other side of the Line of Control. Will I be in need of a separate permit for her/him?
Yes. If you have an infant with you and she/he is travelling with you to the other side of the LoC, then you will a separate permit for the infant. You can the infant cannot travel together unless you have separate Line of Control Permits.
- Where can the Line of Control application form be submitted?
In order to submit the Line of Control application and the other required documents, one must go to the Jammu Passport Office or the Srinagar Passport Office. Alternatively, one can go to the SSP CID (CB) to do this this through sector offices.
- Is Police Verification needed for issuance of Line of Control Permits?
RPO Srinagar and RPO Jammu issue LoC Permits for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir who want to visit their close relatives who live across the LoC (Line of Control). This permit is issued for the people for valid reasons like attending someone’s wedding. In the same way, PAK (Pakistan Administered Kashmir) authorities can also issue such LoC Permits to the natives of Jammu and Kashmir staying on their side of the Line of Control. These Permits are issued after the information about the applicant is verified by the CID (Criminal Investigation Department) and SIB (Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau). The identities of the applicant’s relatives staying in Pakistan Administered Kashmir are also verified on the request of the RPO.
In the same way, Pakistan Administered Kashmir authorities also send request to RPO of Srinagar or RPO of Jammu for the identity verification of Indians staying on the Indian side of the Line of Control. Then RPOs send the request to Criminal Investigation Department or Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau for required verification. Accordingly, Pakistan Administered Kashmir authorities issue the permits for individuals who cleared the verification round carried out by Criminal Investigation Department or Subsidiary Intelligence Bureau.
Know more about Bangalore Police Verification Online
- Dual Citizenship
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Passport Renewal, Changes, Reissue
- Change of Address in Passport
- Minor Passport
- Passport for Senior citizen
- Passport for Government Employee
- Tatkal Passport
- Student Passport
- Passport Renewal
- Passport Reissue
- Duplicate Passport
- Documents Required for Indian Passport
- Converting PIO card Into OCI card
- Fees and Charges