One of the most important documents that every individual will need to possess is the passport. This is an official document provided by the Government of India certifying the individual’s citizenship and identity while allowing them to travel across the world under the protection of the country. Passports contain information of the holder such as their name, age, address, photograph, signature and other information that serves as a proof their identity.
Procuring a passport is quite simple can be done by any Indian citizen by visiting one of the many Passport Seva Kendras across the country or by visiting the website of the Passport Seva Kendra and applying there. Once the necessary forms have been submitted along with documents, individuals will be called in for an interview wherein all details will be verified. Once the necessary processes are complete, individuals will receive their passport by post.
Sometimes, there are instances wherein details will have to be changed in the passport after acquiring it. This article talks about the processes that individuals will have to adhere to if they wish to change details regarding their appearance in their passport.
The following reasons constitute ‘Change of Appearance’
- Infant to Child
- Child to Adult
- Turban to Non-Turban
- Non-Turban to Turban
- Beard to Non-Beard
- Non-Beard to Beard
Steps to change above details:
- Individuals need to procure Form No.2 which is meant for miscellaneous services from the Passport Seva Kendra Office or website and fill it completely.
- In case individuals are filling it online, then they will have to choose ‘Reissue of Passport’ in the ‘Service desired’ section. After this, they will have to select ‘Change in Existing Personal’ and choose the option that is required.
- Once this is done, individuals will have to provide necessary documents along with the completed form.
- An appointment will have to be scheduled at the Passport Office and on that day, individuals will have to submit their documents, form and fee which will then be verified.
- Another document that individuals will have to submit an authority letter that has been signed by an applicant based on Annexure.
- Once necessary verification is done, individuals will receive the endorsed passport with required changes.
- Duly completed and Notarized Application Form
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Original passport with a photocopy of the first two and last two pages that have been self attested
- Photograph as proof of change that is required
- Passport for Retired Government Officials
- Indian Passport for US Born Child to Indian Parents
- Short Validity Passport
- Passport Renewal and Re-issue
- Indian Passport Position in the World
- Reasons for Rejection of Passport
- Emergency Travel Document
- Passport Fee Calculator
- Change of Appearance
- Know Your Police Station for Passport
- Postal Dispatch of Passport