In cases where individuals have gone through a divorce and wishes to change their name in the passport, it is advisable for the person to apply for a reissue of Passport.
Steps to change name in passport post-divorce
- Apply through the online or by visiting the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Apart from a copy of the old Passport, they must furnish the following:
- A self-attested copy of the Divorce Certificate OR copy of Divorce Decree certified by the court.
- Sworn Affidavit or Deed Poll based on Annexure 'E' that has been provided in the Instruction Booklet for Passports.
- The above must be submitted along with a filled-in copy of Form No. II for Miscellaneous Services.
- The above must be submitted along with a nominal fee either directly to the Passport Office or online. If submitting to the office, they will have to take an appointment.
- After submission of all documents, individuals can collect the re-issued Passport on the said date.
Read More Related Articles
- How To Change Name in Passport After Marriage
- How to Add Name of the Spouse After Marriage
- How To Change Middle Name/Surname in Passport
- How to apply for minor passport without the spouse's name endorsed in it?
- How to Change Date of Birth in Passport ?
- How to Make Passport for Newborn in India ?