Availing passport for a minor child is easy but sometimes due to certain circumstances, where both the parents have their passports, the spouse's name cannot be endorsed on the passport of the minor. But what most people do not know is that one can apply for a minor passport without having the spouse's name endorsed on the passport. There exists a rule that if either of the parents or one of the parents have a valid passport, it is important to have their spouse's name endorsed on the passport of their minor child. In this article, you will find a detailed explanation as to how one apply for a minor passport without the spouse's name endorsed on it.
How to apply for Minor passport online?Listed below are the steps that needs to be followed in order to apply for a child passport online.
- Register and create online application form- Register online at Indian Passport website a User Id and password. Once the registration is done, the parent has to create an online application form for the minor child.
- Payment and booking a slot- Once the application form has been filled, the parent has to pay the passport fee online and book a slot for an appointment at the passport office. The online application form needs to be printed out and carried to the passport office on the day of appointment.
Documents required for Minor Passport ApplicationGiven below is a list of documents required for Minor Passport application:
- Birth Certificate issued by municipality/ registrar of births
- Study Certificate at the School (This will be listed as employer certificate )
- Annexure H is Declaration signed by Parents
- Aadhar Card is (Used for address proof. Other forms of address proof can be submitted.)
- Ration Card is Showing family ( optional )
Steps to be taken at the passport office on the day of appointmentGiven below is a list of steps to be taken at the passport office on the day of appointment:
- Reach the passport office well before the time of appointment.
- Wait in the line for token.
- Go to Counter A where they scan the documents, get the child's signature and sign the application.
- Visit Counter B and get your documents verified.
- Visit Counter C and get your documents verified again and avail the token number page
- Go to the exit counter and show the token number page provided at Counter C.
- Avail the acknowledgement letter for reference at the exit gate.
Read More Related Articles
- How to Change Name in Passport after Divorce
- How To Change Name in Passport After Marriage
- How To Change Middle Name/Surname in Passport
- How to Add Name of the Spouse After Marriage
- How to Change Date of Birth in Passport ?
- How to Make Passport for Newborn in India ?