Wanderlust is the new buzzword these days. Due to ease in travelling, there a number of people who travel everyday within a country or even to and from different countries regularly? However, this travelling is only possible if the individual has a Passport.
A Passport is an official document provided by the government that allows individuals to travel to and from foreign countries under the protection of that particular Government. This document can be procured by any citizen of India either online or from the Passport Seva Kendras present throughout the country. Although availing a Passport is not a difficult process, steps are a little different in certain situations such as getting one for a newborn. The steps mentioned below will illustrate the process for getting a passport for newborns.
- Parent(s) of the newborn child must first register an account with the Passport Seva Kendra if not done before.
- Generally for minors, an appointment need not be taken, hence the family can visit the Passport Seva Kendra during working hours along with a receipt of Application.
- Candidates must also have the following documents(original and photocopies) -
- Birth Certificate of the baby
- Proof of current address (if parent has a Passport then this will suffice)
- Filled and signed ‘Annexure H’ which can be procured from the Passport Seva Kendra website.
- Passport photo of the baby against a background that is white
- Appointment receipt
- Marriage certificate if the spouse’s name has not been endorsed on a parent’s Passport
- Once required documents are provided, these will be verified and applicants will be provided with a token number and will have to wait for their turn
- Once it is their turn, all documents will be verified and scanned into the system so applicants will have to ensure that all details in their application form is correct
- Additional verifications will be done after this for all documents
- Once the above steps are completed, candidates will be provided with an acknowledgement receipt post which the Passport will be sent to the applicant’s address after a period of 4-7 days.
Read More Related Articles
- How to Change Name in Passport after Divorce
- How To Change Name in Passport After Marriage
- How To Change Middle Name/Surname in Passport
- How to Add Name of the Spouse After Marriage
- How to apply for minor passport without the spouse’s name endorsed in it?
- How to Change Date of Birth in Passport ?