Aadhar card is a form of identification issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India. It contains the biometric details, demographic details of an individual along with a unique 12 digit alphanumeric code. Linking Aadhar card with bank account will let you avail the complete benefits of several schemes launched by the Government of India. The customer can link the card to any of their savings account with the bank. There are several ways through which one can link their Aadhaar card to their bank account. Given below is a list of different ways through which one can link their Aadhaar card to Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account Offline
Given below are the steps to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar Card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account offline.
- Visit the closest Oriental Bank of Commerce branch with the original passbook and Aadhaar card along with photocopies of the same.
- Ask for the application form to link your Aadhaar card with the bank account.
- Fill in the form with the correct details.
- Submit the completed form at the counter.
- The bank officials might ask for the original documents for verification purposes. The documents will be returned after the verification.
- The bank official will hand over the lower part of the application form as a receipt.
- The bank will send a confirmation via SMS or email once the Aadhaar card is successfully linked to your bank account.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account Online
Given below is the procedure that has to be followed in order to link your Aadhaar card to your Oriental Bank of Commerce savings account.
- Visit the official website of the Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Login with your Username and Password.
- Select the ‘Menu’ option on the website.
- Select ‘Activity’ under the ‘Menu’ option.
- Select ‘Aadhaar Registration’ under ‘Activity’.
- Select the account for which you wish to link your Aadhaar card to.
- Enter and confirm your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- Click the checkbox for consent for verifying your Aadhaar number.
- A message will be displayed confirming successful receipt of your request for registration of your Aadhaar Number with the account.
One can link their Aadhaar card to their bank account online provided they have access to internet banking.
Linking Aadhaar Card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account via SMS
Customers who have registered for Oriental Bank of Commerce SMS alert facility can link their Aadhaar card to Oriental Bank of Commerce account by following the below mentioned steps:
- Send an SMS TO 9915622622 in the format mentioned below.
14 digit Account number Aadhaar number Y
Linking Aadhaar Card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account via ATM
One can also link their Aadhaar card with Oriental Bank of Commerce bank account via ATM. Given below are the steps that needs to be followed in order to link the card to the bank account via ATM:
- Swipe your ATM / Debit Card in OBC ATM and Authenticate with PIN.
- On validation of the PIN all main menu are displayed. Select “Other Requests” option and “Aadhaar Number Seeding” option on the ATM Screen.
- Select “Yes” in the options provided and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
- The ATM will prompt you to enter the number again.
- On successful acceptance of details by ATM, a message shall be displayed “Your request for seeding Aadhaar Number has been successfully registered”.
- On successful completion, you will receive an Acknowledgment SLIP for seeding the request.