The accessibility of internet banking has made visits to banks few and far between. The customer ID and netbanking password are all that you need to carry out bank transactions from the convenience of your computers or mobile phones. However, having to change the netbanking password every three months can pose a bit of a hassle with remembering your credentials. Forgetting your netbanking password is not as worrisome an issue as it may seem. For HDFC Bank customers, the issue can be resolved in more than one way, and the process involves a few easy steps.
Regenerating a new IPIN online:
- Login to the HDFC Bank website and enter the customer ID
- Choose one of two ways to verify the details entered:
- This usually includes sending an OTP (One Time Password) to the mobile number registered with the bank and the expiry date and ATM PIN for your debit card.
- The second method for verification involves sending an OTP to the mobile number and email id registered with the bank.
- Enter the OTP received in order to verify the transaction.
- Once the authentication process is complete, you can reset their IPIN right away.
- Once the IPIN has been reset, you can immediately log in to your account using the new IPIN.
Regenerating a new IPIN through Phone Banking or HDFC ATMs:
- A new IPIN can be generated by contacting the HDFC Phone Banking customer service and requesting for the IPIN to be regenerated. Similarly, a new IPIN can also be generated by submitting a request at an HDFC Bank ATM through the means of your debit card and ATM PIN. Once the new IPIN is generated, the same is delivered to the mailing address registered at the bank.
- A new IPIN can also be regenerated by sending a request through SMS. To generate a new IPIN, you can SMS “IPIN” to 5676712, and the same will be mailed to the address registered with the bank.
Visiting the HDFC Bank Branch
If the options listed above are not viable, visit an HDFC Bank branch that is closest to you and request a new IPIN to be regenerated. The process involves filling out an application form and submitting it to the concerned bank official. Once the bank has regenerated a new IPIN, the same will be delivered to your mailing address registered with the bank.
There are no restrictions to the number of times a customer can request an IPIN to be regenerated and in all cases the bank does not levy any charges for a new IPIN.