Based out of the United States, PayPal is a global online payment system that allows users to make online funds transfers and works as an electronic alternative to the conventional cash and cheque payment methods. It is important to link your PAN card to your PayPal account, and here we will discuss how to change your PAN card number in PayPal.
Procedure to Change PAN Card Number in PayPal Account
Following are the steps through which you can change your PAN card number in your PayPal account:
- Visit www.paypal.com and enter such details as your email id and password to login to your account.
- After you have logged in to your account, click on the ‘Proceed to Account Overview’ option at the bottom of your screen.
- At the top-right of your screen, next to the ‘Log Out’ option, a ‘Gear Icon’ is present. Click on this icon and your PayPal profile will appear on the screen.
- Scroll down a bit on the aforementioned page and an option called ‘Account Options’ can be found. Under this option, a third option called ‘PAN’ is present. Click on ‘Edit link’ to update your PAN card details.
- Once you have entered the aforementioned page, your verified PAN card number can be seen in your PayPal account. You can make changes to the PAN card number by simply clicking on the ‘Contact Customer Service’ link.
- Once you try to contact customer service, you will be provided with two options to make changes to your PAN card details – Changing PAN Number in PayPal by Call, and Changing PAN Number in PayPal by Email.
Changing PAN Card Number in PayPal via Phone
- In case you choose to make changes to your PAN Card number by call, you can dial 1-800-212-3852 and you will receive a One-Time-Password which must be entered after your call is connected. Post the successful validation of your One-Time-Password, your PAN card number in your PayPal account can be changed with relative ease, but the changes must be made quickly as the OTP expires within an hour.
Changing PAN Card Number in PayPal via Email
- In case you choose to make changes to your PAN card number by email. You will be required to compose an email where you will have to enter a message in addition to a topic and a sub-topic. The topic can be ‘My Account’, while the sub-topic may be ‘Changing / Updating Account Information’. The message can revolve around the topic and sub-topic and you will have to state that you wish to make changes to your PAN number in PayPal account. You will also have to send the PAN number which you wish to update, and once you have entered the necessary details, hit ‘Send’ and you will receive an email from the company within 24 hours after you have sent the email.
You can check your account on the website after a few days to check if your request for changing your PAN card details have been accepted. You can also follow up on the same through email.
Following these simple steps will ensure that you have little to no trouble when it comes to making changes to your PAN card number in your PayPal account.