With close to three decades of experience, in their field Darcl Logistics boasts of a customer base that is over 200 strong. The company also has over 200 branch offices operated by 34000 employees. Being in the logistics industry the company has a fleet of over 1 lakh vehicles, and is said to have an average of around 1500 Full Truck/Trailer Load (FTL) consignments booked every day as per their website. The company had a remarkable turnover of over 1800 crores in FY2013-2014. Being such a renowned company in its field, they have opened their doors to fixed deposit schemes that are convenient, easy to access and come along with attractive interest rates.
Eligibility Criteria for Darcl Logistics Fixed Deposits
The following are the main eligibility criteria to make an application for a fixed deposit in Darcl Logistics:
- The individual should be an Indian citizen.
- He or she should be at-least 18 years or over.
- Minimum amount that can be invested is Rs. 50,000.
- The tenure for the fixed deposit can be anywhere between 6 to 36 months. However, deposits may be also permissible in multiples of a quarter for both non-Cumulative and Cumulative schemes.
Features and Benefits of Darcl Logistics Fixed Deposit Scheme
The main features and benefits of Darcl Logistics Fixed Deposits include:
- Interest on the FD scheme amount is computed with compound calculation quarterly on deposits that are between 6 months and 36 months under cumulative deposit scheme.
- Premature withdrawal of deposits are permissible under the provisions of the Acceptance of Deposits, Companies Rules, 2014 )
- Deposits can be made in multiples of Rs.1,000/- with the minimum amount of Rs.20,000/- if it’s a cumulative deposit and Rs.50,000/- in the case of non-cumulative deposit.
- Interest rates have chances of changing and the rate applicable is generally informed prior to the date of deposit.
- Nomination for this fixed deposit is available.
- For senior citizens 0.5% interest will be applicable.
- Mode of payment and repayment can be Cheques, demand drafts and RTGS.
How to Apply for the Fixed Deposit Scheme at Darcl Logistics
Here are the basic steps to open a fixed deposit account with Darcl Logistics:
- You would first need to fill up the application form.
- Ensure that the Cheque/Demand Draft should be made in favour of "Darcl Logistics Limited", and crossed as "ACCOUNT PAYEE ONLY"
- The Application Form along with the other necessary documents need to be sent to the Registered/Head Office, Branches of the Company or as mentioned on the application form.
FAQs on Darcl Logistics Fixed Deposit Scheme
- What is the minimum amount of deposit for this FD scheme?
The minimum amount that can be deposited for cumulative is Rs. 20,000, while for non-cumulative schemes the minimum amount to be invested is Rs. 50,000.
- What happens in the case of the death of the scheme holder?
In the case of the death of the depositor the principal amount as well as the interest due thereon will be paid to the legal representatives of the deceased person as long as the registration of proper legal representation such as a grant of probate of the will of succession certificate or letters of administration from a Court of Competent Jurisdiction is produced to the company or there is a nomination mentioned with the company.
- Who can be subscribed as nominee to this fixed deposit?
Anyone known to the depositor(s) as long as they are not the following may be nominated:
- Corporate body,
- Partnership firm
- Karta of Hindu Undivided Family
- A power of attorney holder
- May a non-residential be nominated?
A non-resident Indian may be a nominated however on repatriable basis.
- Can a minor be nominated for this scheme?
Yes, he or she can be as long as the guardian’s name and details are already provided by the parents who are expected to be the depositors.