Aadhar Card is one of the easiest government identity cards to procure, as its process is transparent and most of its services are available online. You could take advantage of this ease of access and ensure that your Aadhar Card is error-free. Since the Aadhar Card is important in many banking facilities and in getting government benefits, make sure the details on the card are accurate and up-to-date with details such as address. Hence, let us take a look as to why we need it and how to apply for it before we get into checking the Aadhar card update status.
Procedure For Updating Aadhar Card
Simply follow the given steps, below to be able to apply for an update/change/correction in Aadhar card details:
- Go to UIDAI’s website for changing Aadhar details.
- You will be asked for your Aadhar number. Enter the same.
- Click on the Send ‘OTP’ button.
- Once you receive the One Time Password (OTP) on your linked mobile number enter the same on the screen.
- Also enter the Captcha code and submit.
- On the ‘Data Update Request’ tab, that now will flow on your screen enter the details that you need to change on the form.
- You would next need to browse and update the soft/digital copies of the supporting documents for the change/update or correction.
- You will be given a URN number, which is absolutely essential for checking your update status later. So, please keep the URN number saved carefully.
Steps To Check Aadhar Card Update Status
Once you have applied for the change or update in your details for the aadhar card on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, you need to return to the website to check the status. Follow the given steps below, to check the aadhar status:
- You need to enter a few details to check the status.
- First, your Aadhar number which is a 12-digit number that can be found on your card.
- You need to then enter add the URN. This number was given to you when you applied for the change online.
- Click on ‘Get Status’.
- Your update status would appear on the screen.
What details can be changed in the Aadhar card online?
The Online portal through SSUP enables people to change the following details only:
- D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Mobile Number (Registered with your Aadhar number)
For any other details you would need to access the Aadhar card website, download the form and submit it with adequate documents at the aadhaar enrolment centre close to your home.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Updation Or Correction
You need to have the following documents and information ready before you are about to apply for the change:
- Aadhar Card Number
- The mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card number (since OTP would be sent in this number).
- Required Aadhar Card detail change documents of proof for verification. For example if you need to change your last name after you get married, you need your wedding certificate registration and other proof of change of name so that the details can be verified, before changed.
Why Aadhar Card Rejected
You may get the following statuses for the Aadhar Card Details Update:
- ‘Under Review’
If the status reads ‘Rejected’, the following reasons could be possible:
- Inadequate documents were submitted.
- Incorrect details submitted.
- Human error when filling the request form.
This is what you need to do next to be able to make the changes, if you don’t know what went wrong or the exact documents for your case, since it varies in circumstances for people:
- You need to fill a fresh request, but this time visit your Aadhar Centre to get the exact documents that you need.
- Collate the documents and fill in a new form and submit it online again in a request. Note, that if you submit it at the centre, you cannot check your status online since the request was not applied online.
News about Aadhar Card
Government Asks Defence Pensioners to Enroll for Aadhaar Card
The government has asked all defence pensioners and the family members of all the deceased personnel to register for Aadhaar Card by 30th June, 2017 to receive the pension amount. Through a notification, the Defence Ministry recently made Aadhaar compulsory for beneficiaries to receive pension. To ensure transparency, the government is slowly making Aadhaar mandatory for various services. The Defence Ministry will provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities in areas where the facility is not available through pension disbursement agencies.
16th March 2017
Exam forms to be linked with Aadhaar to fight duplicity, says AKTU
To prevent duplication, Dr APJ Kalam Technical University (AKTU) has chalked out a move in which the university will link each student’s exam form with his or her Aadhar card. This will not only avoid registration of the student more than once but will also help them in getting their mark sheets and certificates easily.This initiative, the controller of examination, JP Pandey says will also help in recording the actual attendance of the student as the Aadhar-enabled device will record their presence with the help of a biometric system. Moreover, the admit card, the certificates as well as the mark sheets of the student will bear his or her Aadhar numbers.
The university is leaving no stone unturned in making the system foolproof by introducing digital lockers for its students that will be password protected. The students will be able to access their details including their mark sheet and their certificates online. They will be able to access their digital locker from any part of the world by just entering their user id and password
13th February 2017
Aadhaar-enabled payment system installed in 1,000 Mother Dairy booths
In a bid to increase cashless transactions, Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Pvt Ltd launched an aadhaar-enabled payment system in more than 1,000 milk booths, and Safal retail stores on 31st December. The AEPS service is introduced in addition to the already available e-wallets, and SmartChange card services. The AEPS doesn’t require card or cash for payment. Mother Dairy made the decision to launch the AEPS service on 27th December, and successfully managed to complete the setup process in 3 days.
2nd January 2017
Indians will be linking Aadhaar at healthcare facilities
The government has initiated a new process of connecting Aadhar at health facilities. An individual will be able to provide the Aadhar details in their health IT applications that will enable them to manage health-related information effectively. Additionally, the individual can also share and control their health information. The healthcare facilities will be able to exchange health records of an individual without worry about duplication, it will also advance interoperability.
There are various healthcare facilities of central and state government that are implementing seeding of Aadhaar in health IT applications. Currently, the initiative is being carried out in a phased manner with a vision to achieve efficient healthcare management.
27th December 2016
Aadhaar Enrolment in Haryana for Newborns Targeted at 95 percent in December
DS Dhesi, Chief Secretary of Haryana state addressed officers who are concerned to increase the Aadhar enrolment rate at birth by 95% in December. Dhesi presided an Aadhar enrolment meeting of newborns where Aadhar enrolment of 67.56% newborns was recorded. The highest, currently, is at Yamuna nagar district with 94.26% newborn enrollment. Concentrated efforts at low enrollment areas will be addressed with the state assembly elections at the door.
1st December 2016
CBSE makes Aadhar mandatory for JEE
A recent notification released by the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE is likely to change the way youngsters look at Aadhar cards. As per this notification, all students who wish to take the Joint Entrance Examination from 2017 onwards should have an Aadhar card to be eligible for the exam. The Aadhar card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India and aims to provide each individual a unique identity.
Going forward, all Indian nationals who apply for JEE should mention the Aadhar number in the application form, failing which they will not be permitted to take the exam. Aspirants who find that their Aadhar details are incorrect should correct them immediately, while those without an Aadhar number have been advised to apply for one before the exam.
25th November 2016