If you have submitted any request for changes to be made to your Aadhaar card and you want to check the status of the request, you can do so.
Steps To Check Aadhar Card Update Status Online
Once you have applied for a change or update in your details in your Aadhar card, you need to visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal which can be accessed online in order to check the status of your update. The page will display a some fields in which you will have to enter data before being able to check status.
- Enter your Aadhaar number first in the field provided.
- In the event that you have an Update Request Number (URN), enter the same in the field provided. You would have got the URN on your registered mobile number when you submitted your initial request to update your details.
- If you have the SRN (Service Request Number) instead, enter the same in the other field provided.
- After this, you will be required to enter a text verification code.
- At this point, check if you have entered all your details correctly.
- After checking your details, click on “Get Status” after which the status will be displayed on the screen.
What details can be changed in the Aadhar card online?
The Online portal through SSUP enables people to change or update the following details:
- D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Mobile Number
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Updation Or Correction
In order to update your Aadhaar details online, you need to first have your Aadhaar card to begin the process of updation. Then, you need a digital scanned copy of the documents that you require as proof for the details you are updating. For example, if you want to update your name, you require Proof of Identity (PoI) documents. The proof documents required will change depending on the data that needs to be updated.