Aadhar Card is one of the easiest government identity cards to procure, as its process is transparent and most of its services are available online. You could take advantage of this ease of access and ensure that your Aadhar Card is error-free. Since the Aadhar Card is important in many banking facilities and in getting government benefits, make sure the details on the card are accurate and up-to-date with details such as address. Hence, let us take a look as to why we need it and how to apply for it before we get into checking the Aadhar card update status.
Procedure For Updating Aadhar Card
Simply follow the given steps, below to be able to apply for an update/change/correction in Aadhar card details:
- Go to UIDAI’s website for changing Aadhar details.
- You will be asked for your Aadhar number. Enter the same.
- Click on the Send ‘OTP’ button.
- Once you receive the One Time Password (OTP) on your linked mobile number enter the same on the screen.
- Also enter the Captcha code and submit.
- On the ‘Data Update Request’ tab, that now will flow on your screen enter the details that you need to change on the form.
- You would next need to browse and update the soft/digital copies of the supporting documents for the change/update or correction.
- You will be given a URN number, which is absolutely essential for checking your update status later. So, please keep the URN number saved carefully.
Steps To Check Aadhar Card Update Status
Once you have applied for the change or update in your details for the aadhar card on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, you need to return to the website to check the status. Follow the given steps below, to check the aadhar status:
- You need to enter a few details to check the status.
- First, your Aadhar number which is a 12-digit number that can be found on your card.
- You need to then enter add the URN. This number was given to you when you applied for the change online.
- Click on ‘Get Status’.
- Your update status would appear on the screen.
What details can be changed in the Aadhar card online?
The Online portal through SSUP enables people to change the following details only:
- D.O.B (Date of Birth)
- Mobile Number (Registered with your Aadhar number)
For any other details you would need to access the Aadhar card website, download the form and submit it with adequate documents at the aadhaar enrolment centre close to your home.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card Updation Or Correction
You need to have the following documents and information ready before you are about to apply for the change:
- Aadhar Card Number
- The mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card number (since OTP would be sent in this number).
- Required Aadhar Card detail change documents of proof for verification. For example if you need to change your last name after you get married, you need your wedding certificate registration and other proof of change of name so that the details can be verified, before changed.
Why Aadhar Card Rejected
You may get the following statuses for the Aadhar Card Details Update:
- ‘Under Review’
If the status reads ‘Rejected’, the following reasons could be possible:
- Inadequate documents were submitted.
- Incorrect details submitted.
- Human error when filling the request form.
This is what you need to do next to be able to make the changes, if you don’t know what went wrong or the exact documents for your case, since it varies in circumstances for people:
- You need to fill a fresh request, but this time visit your Aadhar Centre to get the exact documents that you need.
- Collate the documents and fill in a new form and submit it online again in a request. Note, that if you submit it at the centre, you cannot check your status online since the request was not applied online.