To transfer vehicle from one state to another, there is a set procedure that the applicant has to follow and there are a certain set of documents that have to be submitted. There are a lot of formalities that need to be completed before a vehicle from a different state can be driven on the roads of another state.
After the vehicle is transferred from one state to another, the owner of the vehicle has to visit the RTO in his or her area of residence and re-register the vehicle in the new state.
Documents required for transfer the vehicle registration
The documents required for transfer of vehicle registration from one state to another are as follows:
- The owner of the vehicle has to provide the original registration certificate from the previous state in which the vehicle was registered.
- The owner has to duly fill and submit Form 28. Four copies of the form are to be made if the vehicle is under hire/purchase lease or agreement. Form 28 will grant the permission for the owner of the vehicle to transfer it from the old state of residence to the new.
- Form 27 is to be duly filled and submitted by the applicant. It is the application for the assignment of a new registration mark to the motor vehicle.
- Form 20 to be duly filled and submitted by the applicant. It is the application via which the owner can register the motor vehicle in the new state of residence.
- A copy of the document which can be accepted as address proof of the owner of the vehicle.
- A copy of the valid certificate which states that the pollution emitted by the vehicle is under control.
- The charges levied for the road tax have to be paid accordingly.
- PAN card of the owner of the vehicle and Form 60 or Form 61.