In this page, we will give you information on how to go about linking your LIC policy with your Aadhaar number. You will find a step-by-step guide below on how to get the process done.
Aadhaar and LIC Policy Linking via Online Mode
Follow the below mentioned simple steps to complete the process:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of LIC that is www.licindia.in
- Step 2: On the homepage itself, you can easily find a flashing tab that reads “Link Aadhaar and PAN to policy”. Click on the button
- Step 3: It gets directed to a new page, read through all the instructions carefully. Click on the “Proceed” link
- Step 4: On the new page, enter the name as mentioned in the Aadhaar, date of birth, and Aadhaar number
- Step 5: Click on the check box to select the gender
- Step 6: Enter the email ID, PAN number, UIDAI registered mobile number and the policy number. Click on “Add Policy” button
- Step 7: Next, enter the Captcha in the respective box, if you have any doubt click on “Refresh Captcha” link
- Step 8: Click on the “Get OTP” button, enter the OTP that is sent to the UIDAI registered mobile number
- Step 9: Once you complete the process, a message will reflect on the screen about the successful linking of Adhaar and policy. The verification message will be sent through mail or SMS after few days
- In case you are applying for a fresh LIC policy, you need to submit Aadhar and PAN details with the application form. LIC completes the linking before giving any new policy.
LIC Policy and Aadhaar Number Linking via Offline Method
In case, you don’t have internet access or are not comfortable using online method, you can apply for the offline seeding process of LIC policy and Aadhaar number. Below-mentioned are the few steps that are necessary for the linking:
- Step 1: Download the LIC-Aadhaar linking form or visit your nearest LIC branch and request for the form
- Step 2: You can enter all the policy numbers that you want to link
- Step 3: Don’t forget to carry the self-attested photocopy of Aadhar and PAN card/Form 60
- Step 4: You should then sign on top of the “Signature of the Policyholder”
- Step 5: Submit the documents to the official to complete the linking process
- Keep your Aadhaar and PAN Card handy to avoid any delay
- The OTP will be sent to the UIDAI registered mobile number, so keep it ready
- Once you submit the form, you will receive a message confirming on the success of the linking
- Double check the details entered before submitting to avoid delay in linking
FAQs on LIC Policy and Aadhaar Number Linking
- How long does it take to get the confirmation mail?
- Does LIC provide the policy linking through SMS?
- What details does Aadhaar number contain?
- In case of a joint policy holders, whose Aadhaar should be linked?
- Do you need to have LIC login to seed Aadhaar and LIC policy?
Once UIDAI completes the verification, you will receive an email or SMS message within few working days.
No. As of now, LIC has not started this facility. In case, you come across such message online with the LIC’s emblem, strictly avoid following it.
If LIC comes up with this feature, it will update the information in its official website.
Aadhaar number is a 12-digit unique identification number that contains demographic and biometric details that help to identify an individual easily.
Linking the first policy holder’s Aadhaar number is enough.
No, you can link the two documents without creating a login.