Fancy registration numbers are in great demand as people have greater purchasing power and are going for motorcycles in the premium segment. A fancy vehicle registration number adds value to a vehicle and works as a status symbol for vehicle owners. In Gujarat, a fancy vehicle registration number cannot be obtained through a normal vehicle registration process. VIP numbers are kept aside by the state government to allocate them by way of auction.
How To Get A Fancy Number In Gujarat
Fancy registration numbers cannot be obtained offline and an applicant needs to apply online using the official Parivahan website of the Government of India. Based on the category, the fees to register a VIP number are mentioned in the table below:
|Serial Number||Category||Classified Numbers||Fees for Two-wheeler numbers|
|(i)||Golden||0001, 0005, 0007, 0009, 0011, 0099, 0111, 0333, 0555, 0777, 0786, 0999, 1111, 0333, 4444, 5555, 7777, 8888, 9000, 9009, 9090, 9099, 9909, 9990, 9999||Rs.5,000|
|(ii)||Silver||0002, 0003, 0004, 0008, 0010, 0018, 0027, 0036, 0045, 0054, 0063, 0072, 0081, 0090, 0100, 0123, 0200, 0222, 0234, 0300, 0303, 0400, 0444, 0456, 0500, 0567, 0600, 0678, 0700, 0789, 0800, 0888, 0900, 0909, 1000, 1001, 1008, 1188, 1818, 2000, 2345, 2500, 2727, 2772, 3000, 3456, 3636, 3663, 4000, 4455, 4545, 4554, 4567, 5000, 5005, 5400, 5445, 6000, 6336, 6363, 6789, 7000, 7007, 7227, 7272, 8000, 8008, 8055, 8118, 8181||Rs.2,000|
|(iii)||Others||Other numbers not mentioned in the above two categories||Rs.1,000|
Procedure To Apply For VIP Registration Number Through Fancy Number Auction System In Gujarat
- The fees to register special numbers have to be in accordance with the above table.
- A vehicle owner who intends to get a fancy number for his/her vehicle needs to make an application in Form - "CNA" along with the applicable fee as prescribed in the table above.
- At the time of submission of bid for the auction, the applicant also needs to pay an additional amount at his discretion over and above the application fee.
- The application for a special number has to be made within 7 days of sale invoice or the date of insurance whichever is earlier.
- The application for a special vehicle number has to be made to the concerned Registering Authority in Form 22A by the builder of the vehicle (in case the body of the vehicle is fabricated separately).
- An application made after the prescribed time frame will not make the applicant eligible for the auction. In such a case, the fancy number will be allotted on first-come-first-serve basis at the time of submission of the application.
- An application made for a fancy vehicle number within the specified time-frame should remain valid for a period of 60 days. The applicant may also choose any other number from the available options in accordance with the rules. However, he/she shall inform the Registering Authority in writing.
- Once the new series is available for allotment, the Registering Authority will assign the choice numbers to vehicle owners who have made an application for the same.
- After the auction is over, the unallotted choice numbers will be allotted to the applicants on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Choice numbers that fall in the category of ‘Golden’ and ‘Silver’ numbers will be allotted through an auction.
- The auction will be carried out by the Registering Authority as per the procedure laid down by the Commissioner of Transport.