A two-wheeler is a basic mode of travelling, be it in a small town or in a metro city. When it is with you, you can go anywhere and anyplace within a short time without being dependent on anybody. So, when your two-wheeler is giving you such freedom of travelling it also deserves some special treatment from your end, isn’t it. If you are wondering how to make your two-wheeler look and feel special, you can prep it up with a special mark which no other vehicle in your state will have. This will not only jazz up the appearance of your two-wheeler, but also will make every head turn in wonder.
Significance of The Registration Mark of A Two-Wheeler
The significance of the registration mark of a two-wheeler lies in the fact that it provides all the vital information about the vehicle. While the first two-letter code present on the number plate represents the state where the vehicle is registered, the next two-digit code represents the code assigned to the RTO where the vehicle is registered. The third part of the registration mark is the registration number allocated to the vehicle which usually ranges from 0001 to 9999.
Vip Number For Two-Wheelers In Meghalaya
Just like its name, Meghalaya has a unique charm of its own which no other north-eastern state has. This abode of clouds is home to numerous crystal waterfalls, snow-clad mountains, rocky rivers and much more. The capital city of Meghalaya is called as the ‘Fashion Capital’ of northeast. When everything is so special about this lovely state, then it is obvious that the interests of the residents are also unique. The residents of Meghalaya, especially the millennials, take special care of their two-wheelers and every other bike on the road will grab your attention. The demand for fancy bike registration numbers in such a state is naturally high.
Details of the Regional Transport Office Meghalaya
For registering the desired fancy number for your two-wheeler in the state of Meghalaya, you need to know the details of your nearest RTO. Here are all the details of the RTOs in various parts of Meghalaya:
|RTO Code||Place Name||Address||Phone Number|
|ML01||Meghalaya||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Shillong||0364-2224201|
|ML02||Meghalaya||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Shillong||0364-2224201|
|ML03||Meghalaya||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, East Khasi Hills||0364-2220219|
|ML04||Jaintia Hills||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Jowai, Jaintia Hills||0364-220702|
|ML05||Shillong||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Jowai, Nangstoin||-----|
|ML06||West Khasi Hills||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Jowai, Nangstoin||-----|
|ML07||East Garo Hills||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Williamanagar||-----|
|ML08||West Garo Hills||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, West Garo Hills||-----|
|ML09||South Garo Hills||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Baghmara||0364-222135|
|ML10||Ri-Bhoi||Office of the DTO and Secretary, RTO, Nongpoh||0364-232393|
Vip Number Registration Process In Meghalaya
In order to register a fancy number for your vehicle in Meghalaya you should follow these steps one by one:
- Visit the nearest RTO office for checking the list of the two-wheeler VIP numbers that are available for registration.
- Under the list you will get numbers allotted for both transport and non-transport categories. Make sure to choose numbers which are allocated for LMV-Non Transport category as these are the numbers for personal vehicles.
- In the next step, get Form-21 from the RTO and prepare a Demand Draft in the name of your RTO.
- The number that you have chosen if found to be requested by other two-wheeler owners then you have to bid for it during the e-auctioning.
- Submit the form and the Demand Draft at the RTO. If your preferred number is requested by any other applicant, then you will have to bid for it. Make sure to be present on the auctioning date.
- In instances where no other applicant has requested for the same number, the RTO will either provide you the receipt or return the Demand Draft.
The entire process can also be conducted online by visiting the transport official website of Meghalaya. On registering fancy numbers through this online portal, the bidding will also be done online and you have to participate in the e-auctioning process for getting the number.
Things to know about fancy vehicle number registration in Meghalaya
There are some very important things that every vehicle owner should know before getting a special mark for their two-wheelers in Meghalaya:
- The fancy two-wheeler numbers are provided by the RTO on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- For getting a special number for your vehicle, you need to pay a specific amount of fee.
- If after sometime you want to buy a new bike or scooter you can retain the number either in your name or in the name of your family members.
- If you want to sell your vehicle, you needn’t surrender the number to the registering authority. You can either retain the number or transfer it to the new owner.
Most sought-after fancy numbers in Meghalaya
Here are some of the most popular VIP numbers which most of the two-wheeler owners in Meghalaya want to own:
- 0022, 0033, 0044, 0055, 0066, 0077, 0088, 0099
It is time to think out-of-the-box and do something special for your two-wheeler. What can be a better option than adorning it with a special mark. So, hurry up and submit your request with the nearest RTO soon before the desired number slips away.