Motorcycles, mopeds and all kinds of two wheelers are relatively important modes of transport, especially in metropolitan cities where an increasing number of individuals are purchasing two wheelers to avoid traffic jams and blocked roads. Not only do two wheelers help you save time and reach your destination sooner than alternative modes of transport, but they are also considerably inexpensive in comparison with cars. The maintenance costs are also relatively low, making them easy to afford and maintain.
When purchasing a motorcycle it is also important to purchase motorbike insurance to ensure that your vehicle is covered in case of accidents. Thorough knowledge of your two wheeler insurance policy and all its inclusions and exclusions must be acquired before purchasing the same. Here, we will discuss some of the things that may not be covered by your two wheeler insurance.
- Speeding: Adrenaline rush is as common among riders as brakes, well at least to a considerable extent. Two wheeler insurance does not cover damage or loss suffered as a result of speeding.
- Riding someone else’s bike: Damage or loss of vehicles when someone else is riding your bike will not be covered by two wheeler insurance. If the owner of the vehicle meets with an accident, the insurance company will cover the cost of repairs, but not if the bike was lent to someone else.
- Value reduction: Two wheeler insurance does not anticipate value reduction as a result of wear and tear, repair, usage or servicing.
- Loss of keys: If you lose the keys to your two wheeler or forget them on the two wheeler, and, as a result, the two wheeler is stolen, the insurance company will not be liable to consider the loss.
- Electrical or mechanical failures will not be covered by two wheeler insurance.
- Accidents caused by unauthorised riders will not be covered. When purchasing the insurance policy, you will have to state the names of every individual who might possibly ride the two wheeler. Any damage or loss arising when the two wheeler is used by an unauthorised rider will not be covered by the insurance.
- Valid license: Two wheeler insurance will not cover any damage or loss arising out of accidents caused when the rider is a minor, or if he / she does not possess a valid driving license.
- Damage or loss to a two wheeler while riding outside India will not be covered by two wheeler insurance.
- Two wheeler insurance does not cover vehicles that have been damaged or lost when the rider was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Two wheeler insurance does not provide coverage for damage or loss arising out of nuclear or radioactive-related activities.
- Damage or loss or injury to the rider caused by manmade problems such as terrorism, riots or wars, and natural calamities such as tsunamis or earthquakes will not be covered by two wheeler insurance.
- Injuries to the rider or damage or loss of bike caused when the rider was not wearing a helmet will not be covered by two wheeler insurance.