Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Limited is a leader in providing financial protection. In 2009, the organization received dual certifications of ISO. Bharti AXA is a joint venture of Bharti Enterprises and AXA Group, with 74% and 26% stake, respectively.
Key Benefits Of Bharti Axa Two Wheeler Insurance
Cashless Claim Networks
Cashless claim service is available at authorised network garages across India
Policyholders can get a cover of up to Rs. 1 lakh as personal accident coverage
When the policy is about to expire, policyholders can renew it online
Add-on Covers For Bharti Axa Two Wheeler Insurance
Third Party Cover
The maximum cover for third-party property damage will be Rs. 1,00,000 in the case of two-wheelers.
Inclusions And Exclusions In Bharti Axa Two Wheeler Insurance
Loss or damage to the insured vehicle due to fire / earthquake / flood / cyclone
Damage by a person driving under the influence of liquor / alcohol / drugs
One of the leading insurance companies present today, Bharti AXA provides comprehensive products with innovative solutions tailored for the changing needs of their customers. Two wheelers are considered to be the best mode of transport in busy cities. Apart from helping you beat the traffic during rush hours, they are also cost-effective as they provide you great mileage. But life is full of unprecedented events and you should be ready to deal with them at all times. It is important that you insure your two wheeler to not only provide coverage for your vehicle and yourself in the future, but also to take care of third party liabilities.
Features and Benefits of Bharti AXA Two Wheeler InsuranceBasic Cover
- The insurance policy protects your vehicle by providing cover in an event of theft, robbery, accident, fire, etc.
- Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance plan takes care of all third party liabilities in case of injury to third party or damage to third party property.
- In the event of permanent disability or death of the driver of the 2 wheeler in an accident, insurance cover provided can go up to an amount of 1 lakh INR.
This particular insurance policy comes with all the features and benefits of a basic cover and also provides personal accident cover for the co-passenger. The insurance amount can go up to 1 lakh INR.
- Damages or Loss to the insured vehicle due to accidents, terrorist attacks, strikes, riots, earthquakes, fire, flood, cyclones, etc. Accidental damages caused to the vehicle while in transit are also covered.
- Compensation is provided to third party in case of bodily injuries. Property damage liability takes care of all damages caused to the third party.
- The owner or driver of the insured vehicle is protected under the personal accident cover offered by the insurance policy
Exclusions in Bharti AXA Bike Insurance
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- General wear and tear caused to the vehicle over time
- Damage or loss incurred due to depreciation of the insured vehicle
- Damages caused due to driving under intoxication
- Any loss caused due to nuclear risks
- Loss or damage incurred outside the country
- Damage caused by a rider without a valid driving license
- Vehicle being used beyond restrictions
- Claims arising due to contractual liability
Intimate your claim – You need to call up the customer service department for the intimation of your claim. Details that you need to provide during the process are Policy number, date and time of loss, location of loss, your contact number along with extent and nature of loss and injury. The claim form is available online and can be downloaded and filled for making a claim.
Send your vehicle for repair – After you find a suitable workshop for the repair of your vehicle, you need to go there with specific documents. You must duly fill in the claim form and sign it. Self-attested photocopies of R/C Book and driving license are also required. You must carry the originals for proof and verification. FIR must be produced in case of damage, theft or third party injury.
Claim Settlement – You can send your vehicle to Bharti AXA’s cashless network garages for repair. Spot approval for the claim will be given after the inspection of the vehicle has been done by the surveyor. The claim amount is released by the insurer only after all the estimated repair work has been completed.
Documents Required for Claim Settlement in Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance:
For cashless claim, the following documents are required:
- Claim form which is signed by the policyholder and filled in completely.
- The original R/C Book for verification and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
- FIR/ Charge sheet in case of a major damage or third party property damage/ theft of vehicle/ third party injury / damage due to riot, death, strike, or a malicious act.
- The original driver’s license for verification and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
- Satisfaction letter if you would like to avail cashless facility at Bharti AXA’s preferred garages. If you are a firm/corporate, then the company's rubber stamp/seal needs to be on the letter.
- Additional documents may be required on a case to case basis.
Bharti AXA 2 Wheeler Insurance Renewal Online
In order to enjoy the benefits of your two wheeler insurance, it is a must that you renew your two wheeler insurance before time runs out. With the advancement in technology, things are much easier now. The online portal of Bharti AXA not only allows you to renew your two wheeler insurance plan, but it is a quick and hassle-free process. When time is a real constraint, a feature like this ought to be beneficial for the customers. All you need to do is go to the Bharti AXA online portal and enter your policy number along with the expiry date of the policy, under the two wheeler insurance tab. Other information that you will need to provide during this process includes your name, registered email id, mobile phone number, and date of registration.
Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance Policy:
Bharti AXA has introduced a long term two wheeler insurance policy that provides you insurance with extended policy terms of two or three years. Equipped with this insurance, you need not undergo the hassle of policy renewal in the interim.
Characteristics of the long-term policy are detailed below:
- The policy makes you immune to the changes in premium rates that take effect on a yearly basis. Hence, you can benefit from significant savings in the long run.
- Like an annual insurance policy, this insurance also provides you a No Claim Bonus (NCB) for observing claim-free years.
- In the event of a claim, this policy does not slash your NCB to nil. Instead, the NCB slab just reduces to the previous value.
- This policy promises you more savings on premium, as you will be eligible for discounts of 10% and 20% for policies with tenures of 2 and 3 years, respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is FIR required while claiming insurance in case of theft of my two wheeler?
Yes, an FIR report is required while claiming insurance, in case your two wheeler has been stolen.
If my vehicle is damaged due to nuclear attack, can I claim insurance?
No, your vehicle is not covered against nuclear attacks under the insurance policy.
Where can I find the Bharti AXA claim form?
The claim form is available online and you can fill it up by downloading it while making claims.
What happens when I sell my two wheeler?Your Bharti AXA vehicle insurance can be transferred in the name of the buyer. The buyer must apply for transfer of insurance with Bharti AXA.
Does the policy take care of third party liabilities?
Yes, the Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance policy takes care of all third party liabilities arising in an event of an accident.
How do you determine the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle?
At the commencement of the policy, the initial IDV of the vehicle is based on the selling price as per the manufacturer’s listing. The schedule of depreciation as time progresses is detailed in the table below:
|Vehicle's age||% Depreciation that determines the IDV|
|Below 6 months||5%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||15%|
|Between 1 year and 2 years||20%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||30%|
|Between 3 years and 4 years||40%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||50%|
What is meant by break-in-insurance?
Break-in-insurance refers to the situation where the policy expires as it was not renewed on time. The law mandates that every vehicle on the road is protected by at least a minimal insurance. In case your policy has lapsed, you should get in touch with the insurer to renew it at the earliest possible time. If you renew the policy within 90 days from the date of expiry, you will be able to retain your No Claim Bonus.
Will my unused premium be refunded?
If you happen to cancel your policy, you can request for the refund of the unused premium. It is at the discretion of the insurer to provide you the refund, and it will be on a short rate period.
- Two Wheeler Insurance for Three Years
- Top 5 Two Wheeler Insurance Company In India
- How to Calculate Two Wheeler Insurance Premium in India
- Third Party Two Wheeler Insurance In India
- Why Get Your Bike Insured?
- 6 Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
- How to Renew Lapsed Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Online?
- Is Bike Insurance Mandatory in India?
- Zero Depreciation Cover for Bike Insurance
- A Beginner’s Guide to Two Wheeler Insurance
- Importance of Two Wheeler Insurance
- Tips to Reduce Bike Insurance Premiums
- How to Cancel Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
- Two Wheeler Insurance Bangalore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chennai
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Hyderabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Kolkata
- Two Wheeler Insurance Mumbai
- Two Wheeler Insurance Pune
- Two Wheeler Insurance Chandigarh
- Two Wheeler Insurance Indore
- Two Wheeler Insurance Ahmedabad
- Two Wheeler Insurance Coimbatore
- Two Wheeler Insurance in Goa
- Two Wheeler Insurance Jaipur
- Two Wheeler Insurance Noida
- Two Wheeler Insurance Gurgaon
- Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance
- Honda Two Wheeler Insurance
- Mahindra Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hero MotoCorp Two Wheeler Insurance
- Harley Davidson Two Wheeler Insurance
- Kawasaki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance
- Triumph Two Wheeler Insurance
- Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance
- TVS Two Wheeler Insurance
- KTM Two Wheeler Insurance
- Hyosung Two Wheeler Insurance
- Yamaha Two Wheeler Insurance
- BMW Two Wheeler Insurance
- Piaggio Two Wheeler Insurance
News About Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance
Long-Term Two Wheeler Insurance Made Available by Bharti AXA General Insurance
Last week, Bharti AXA General Insurance released a long-term two wheeler insurance policy in an effort to enhance convenience for customers. General insurers such as Bajaj Allianz General, HDFC Ergo and ICICI Lombard have already made available insurance policies that require no renewal for three years.
Bharti AXA General revealed that its decision to release such a policy came after a poll in which over 80% of the respondents said that they prefer a long-term policy which did not have to be renewed on a frequent basis. The key feature of this policy is that the annual rate hike announced by IRDAI every April will have no bearing on it.
25th November 2016