About Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
Bharti AXA General Insurance Company Ltd. was formed in 2008 as a joint venture between AXA Group, a renowned insurance provider, and Bharti Enterprises, a prominent Indian business group, with a stake percentage of 49% and 51%, respectively. It is the first insurance company in India to acquire dual certifications of ISO in 2009 within the very first year of its operations. In fact, it is one of the leading general insurance companies that has been delivering innovative and comprehensive insurance solutions since its inception.
|Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Benefits||Bharti AXA Bike Insurance Coverage||Add-On Covers||Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim Process||FAQ's|
Having 87 branches all over the country at present, this pioneering insurance company is known for offering quality motor, health, and travel insurance products to meet the varied requirements of the customers. Under motor insurance, it offers both car and two-wheeler insurance at an affordable premium. The insurance policies from Bharti AXA are not only comprehensive but customised as well to provide best financial protection to every customer.
Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance
In spite of being a responsible rider, a bike owner can never predict mishaps that he/she might have to deal with both on the road and off the road. Hence, it is pivotal for every two-wheeler owner to insure his/her two-wheeler with a power-packed insurance policy offering complete coverage to the vehicle along with other third-party liabilities. Keeping all these under consideration, Bharti AXA provides a wide range of innovative two-wheeler insurance products for varied purposes which are customised to suit the changing needs and preferences of the two-wheeler owners.
Being a market leader in the financial protection industry, the company has carefully designed its two-wheeler insurance policies to enable the bike owners have a delightful and safe bike riding experience even while driving through the city traffic. The two-wheeler insurance plans from Bharti AXA are extensive, secured, and economical. In short, with a Bharti AXA two-wheeler policy you can be tension-free about your two-wheeler as it gives you and your vehicle extensive protection in cases of damage, theft, personal accidents, and third-party liabilities.
Key Features of Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
The two-wheeler insurance policies offered by Bharti AXA come with a number of features which make them stand out from others. Here are the key features of the two-wheeler insurance policies from them:
- Covers financial losses caused due to damaged or stolen two-wheelers
- Cashless servicing available across India at authorised 3500+ network garages
- Up to Rs.1 lakh of coverage granted under personal accident coverage
- 24/7 claim assistance and efficient round-the-clock customer care support
- Long-term two-wheeler insurance policies for 2 years and 3 years
- Discount on premiums with No-Claim Bonus available
- Easy and fast online policy renewal facility for the policyholders
Key Benefits of Bharti AXA Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy
It is compulsory to at least have a motor insurance policy that covers third-party liability if you are planning to ride a bike in India. Bharti Axa Two Wheeler Insurance offers this third party liability insurance policy. A comprehensive insurance policy is also offered by the company. Some of the benefits of having an insurance policy have been listed in a video below.
The Bharti AXA two-wheeler insurance policy comes with a plenty of benefits to offer full freedom and security to the policyholders. Here are the key benefits of this policy:
- Comprehensive insurance plans for two-wheelers at reasonable premiums
- Offers coverage in cases of robbery, theft, accident, fire, flood, and other natural disasters
- Takes care of third-party liabilities like injury or damage to any third-party vehicle or property
- In case of disability/death of the driver due to an accident, coverage of up to Rs.1 lakh offered
- Basic cover and personal accident cover combo for the co-passengers can go up to Rs.1 lakh
- Exclusive personal accident cover for the policyholders
- No yearly policy renewals, policyholders can renew it once in two-three consecutive years
- Easy and fast claim settlement and tracking process
Coverage Offered under Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
These are the circumstances and risks that are effectively covered by Bharti AXA two-wheeler insurance policy:
- Damage or loss due to natural disasters - In cases of uncontrollable natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, cyclones, tsunami, hurricanes, etc, the two-wheeler insurance policy provides extensive coverage to the vehicle.
- Damage or loss due to manmade disasters - The insurance policy covers all kinds of man-made disasters such as fire, strike, terrorism, strike, etc. Moreover, with this policy the owner no more has to worry about theft or robbery of the vehicle.
- Accident cover - Even though you are a careful rider, you never know when some other rider on the road might bump on you. This is why this insurance policy offers cover for accidents on road to safeguard you and your vehicle on road.
- Personal accident cover - In case the owner or the driver of the two wheeler which is insured under this policy suffers an injury or dies unfortunately, the insurer is responsible for providing compensation.
- Third-party liability coverage - If any loss or damage happens to any third-party property or if there is any physical injury to anybody during an accident occurred due to your bike, the insurance policy covers it too.
Exclusions under Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
The exclusions or the incidents which are not covered under this two-wheeler insurance policy from Bharti AXA are as follows:
- Damages caused to the two-wheeler due to driving under intoxication of drugs or alcohol at the time of the accident
- Regular wear and tear along with depreciation of the two wheeler over a certain period of time won’t be considered
- Any infringement in the insurance policy such as driving without a valid license or the two wheeler being driven by a person who is under age will not be covered
- If the private vehicle insured under this policy is being driven for commercial purpose or vice versa, then the claim is subject to rejection
- Other miscellaneous reasons such as mechanical and electrical failure, expired policy, driving beyond geographical limits, staged accidents, etc. can result in the rejection of the claim.
Available Add-On Covers with Bharti AXA Two-wheeler Insurance Policy
Bharti AXA offers certain add-on covers which you can choose for enhancing the scope and extension of your two-wheeler insurance policy:
- Personal accident covers for the occupants - Accidents are unpredictable circumstances which can lead to injuries or loss of life for both the rider and the co-passenger sitting on the the bike. This add-on cover gives you the benefit of insuring full or partial disability of the pillion too.
- Zero depreciation cover - While in your regular policy you have to pay the depreciation on expenses for repairing and replacing of fiber, rubber, plastic, and glass parts, by opting for this add-on cover, you can make a profit by not paying the depreciation costs.
Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Process
To claim your Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance without any hassle, you can follow these simple steps:
Register your claim – Visit the official website of the company at https://www.bharti-axagi.co.in and go to the claim section here at https://www.bharti-axagi.co.in/register-claim to register your claim. You can also call the executives on the toll-free number 1800-103-2292 or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have received your claim registration number, save it for future reference.
Sending for repair - In case of damages, you can send your vehicle at the network of garages authorised under Bharti AXA. A surveyor present there will at first conduct a survey of the vehicle to know the extent of damage. You will need to produce the following documents that time
- The original claim form signed by the insured along with the company’s seal
- Registration certificate along with a copy of the insured’s PAN card and driving license of the person who was driving during the accident attested by the insured
- The original copy of the police report/FIR in case of any injury caused to any occupants or third party, theft, damage, and other malicious activities.
- KYC documents such as the identity and address proof of the insured is also required for liabilities more than Rs.1 lakh.
Claim settlement – Once all the documents for the claim are verified, an work order will be sent to the garage. After the repairs are done, the surveyor might ask for a re-survey. Next, a Delivery Order (DO) will be issued on the receipt of the repair bills. On receiving the duly signed Satisfaction Voucher from the insured, the car will be released by the garage. If the insured is a firm or a company, the company’s seal should be affixed with the voucher.
Bharti AXA Customer Care Contact Details
In case you have any concern or issue with respect to your two-wheeler insurance policy such as purchase, claim settlement, or renewal offered by Bharti AXA Insurance Company, you may contact the insurer using the details given below:
Toll free number: 1800-103-2292 (Monday-Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m)
You can also request a call back by visiting the ‘Contact Us’ page and filling in your basic contact details asked for in the form.
SMS service: You may send an SMS by typing the SMS codes to 56677. To know more about the important codes, type ‘HLP’ and send it to 56677.
Email assistance: To get assistance with any concerns or queries related to the insurance policy, you can write to the executives in this email - email@example.com
Grievance Redressal Cell:
Bharti AXA General Insurance
Spectrum Towers, 3rd floor,
Malad Link Road, Malad (west),
Bharti AXA Branch Offices in Important Cities
You can locate the nearest Bharti AXA branch office by entering your city and state under the ‘Locate Us’ form in the ‘Branch Locator’ section here at https://www.bharti-axagi.co.in/branch-locator
Here are the details of the registered office and the grievance redressal cell:
Registered office Mumbai:
Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Limited
Unit No. 601 & 602, 6th floor, Raheja Titanium,
Off Western Express Highway, Goregaon (E)
Corporate office Mumbai:
19th floor, Parinee Crescenzo, ‘G’ block,
Bandra Kurla Complex, Opposite MCA Club, Bandra (E),
Mumbai - 400051
Registered office Bangalore:
HOSTO CENTRE 1st Floor No.43, Millers Road,
Vasanth Nagar, Opp Imperial Restaurant, Bangalore - 560046
Bharti AXA Two-Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Is there a need for FIR while claiming insurance in case of theft of the vehicle?
Yes, it is mandatory to show the FIR report in case of theft of vehicle to claim your insurance without any kind of hassle.
Where can I find the claim form?
You can visit the Bharti AXA official website and fill up the claim form online.
Can I claim insurance if there is a damage due to nuclear attack?
No, the insurance policy of your two-wheeler does not allow claims due to nuclear attack.
Are third-party liabilities really covered under the policy?
Yes, any kind of loss or damage caused to the third party is taken care of by the two-wheeler insurance policy.
If I sell my two-wheeler, what will happen to the insurance policy?
Vehicle insurance can be transferred to the new buyer of your vehicle. It is mandatory for the buyer to apply for the transfer of the insurance policy.
Is it allowed to move the vehicle from the spot of accident?
Yes, you can shift your private vehicle to the nearest garage unless it is in immovable condition. If the engine oil or coolant is leaking, instead of starting it, you should get assistance from breakdown service van. However, in cases of commercial vehicles it is wiser to get spot surveys done if possible.
- When will the claim settlement be done?
The claim settlement will be done after receiving all the essential claim-related documents along with the original invoice of repairs, satisfaction voucher or discharge voucher, and NEFT details. Ideally, the claim is processed within 7 working days.
- What are the details that I have to keep ready during claim registration?
- Policy number
- Vehicle registration number, chassis, and engine number
- Caller details, relation with insured, and insured’s Cont. no
- Date, time, and place of the accident/incident
- Detailed description of the accident/incident
- Type of loss, whether it is own damage or Theft/TP/TPPD/PA Claim
- Whether any injury happened during the accident
- GD/Police Report No./Case No or FIR No. if the incident has been reported to police
- Name of the driver according to the driving license and the DL No
- Current location of the vehicle as well as the prefered garage if the request is not yet placed with any garage
- The Call center will then give a unique Claim No. to use for all correspondences in future
Is FIR required while claiming insurance in case of theft of my two wheeler?
Yes, an FIR report is required while claiming insurance, in case your two wheeler has been stolen.
If my vehicle is damaged due to nuclear attack, can I claim insurance?
No, your vehicle is not covered against nuclear attacks under the insurance policy.
Where can I find the Bharti AXA claim form?
The claim form is available online and you can fill it up by downloading it while making claims.
What happens when I sell my two wheeler?Your Bharti AXA vehicle insurance can be transferred in the name of the buyer. The buyer must apply for transfer of insurance with Bharti AXA.
Does the policy take care of third party liabilities?
Yes, the Bharti AXA two wheeler insurance policy takes care of all third party liabilities arising in an event of an accident.
How do you determine the Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the vehicle?
At the commencement of the policy, the initial IDV of the vehicle is based on the selling price as per the manufacturer’s listing. The schedule of depreciation as time progresses is detailed in the table below:
Vehicle's age % Depreciation that determines the IDV Below 6 months 5% Between 6 months and 1 year 15% Between 1 year and 2 years 20% Between 2 years and 3 years 30% Between 3 years and 4 years 40% Between 4 years and 5 years 50%
What is meant by break-in-insurance?
Break-in-insurance refers to the situation where the policy expires as it was not renewed on time. The law mandates that every vehicle on the road is protected by at least a minimal insurance. In case your policy has lapsed, you should get in touch with the insurer to renew it at the earliest possible time. If you renew the policy within 90 days from the date of expiry, you will be able to retain your No Claim Bonus.
Will my unused premium be refunded?
If you happen to cancel your policy, you can request for the refund of the unused premium. It is at the discretion of the insurer to provide you the refund, and it will be on a short rate period.