The Unified Payments Interface or UPI is a payment system launched in India some time back. It allows multiple bank accounts belonging to any participating bank to be controlled via a single mobile app.
In order to promote cashless transactions and move towards hassle free payments or digital money and ultimately increase financial inclusion, National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched world’s first unique payment system requiring just a single unique identifier to make transaction called as Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
UPI facilitates 'virtual address' as a payment identifier for sending and collecting money between any two parties without knowing the recipient's name, bank account number,IFSC code.
Andhra Bank uses the BHIM App (Bharat Interface for Money) to facilitate its customers use of the UPI payment network. It is a Mobile App developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI). It allow users send or receive money to other UPI payment addresses or scanning QR code or account number with IFSC code or MMID (Mobile Money Identifier) Code.
Features of Andhra Bank UPI
- Account Management - Multiple bank accounts can be linked in a single App
- Beneficiary Management
- Send & Collect Request.
- Fund transfer through VPA, Aadhar & Account & IFSC
- Balance Inquiry.
- Scan and Pay.
- QR code Generation
- Quick Fund transfer with Instant Payee Addition.
- Detailed Transaction History.
- Incident/Query can be raised in the App.
- Instant UPI PIN reset and Account Activation.
- Pending Approval
- It works on single-click 2-factor authentication.
- Mobile Number to be registered with Bank.
- Customer must have active Debit card/ATM card to activate account.
- Smartphone – Currently available for Android Users for version 4 & above.
How to Register for UPI
- Download the App from google play Store
- App will send an SMS to register mobile number for UPI.
- In case of dual sim, sim selection option available for android version 5.1 & above.
- User needs to enter Name & set their six digit application password.
- Profile Virtual id to be created, same will be linked to the primary account.
How to Register a Beneficiary
- Registration through VPA or Account Number IFSC
- VPA Registration – VPA and Nick Name to be entered. Eg “1234@andb”
- IFSC Registration – Account Number, IFSC & Nick Name to be entered.
- Aadhar Registration - 12 digit unique identification number and Nick Name to be entered.
- Account linked to the Aadhar number will be credited.
- Search option available to search added beneficiary.
- Delete options available to delete the beneficiary.
- In case of VPA Registration, beneficiary should also be registered with UPI.
- Notification will be received once collect request is received.
- User need to accept the request & enter UPI PIN to approve.
- Collect request will expire if not accepted within the time stipulated by requestor.
How to Check Previous Transactions
- User needs to select the date range to retrieve the transaction list.
- Transaction status will also be displayed with transaction details.
- Transaction id, status, date, time amount, remarks, debit & credit account all details are listed.
How to Change Your UPI Password
- Application password can be reset through “Forgot Password” option available on log in page.
- Change UPI PIN option is available under” Account Management “option once any account is selected.
- Forgot UPI PIN option is available under” Account Management “option once any account is selected.
- Once UPI PIN is changed same will be reflected for all accounts of that particular Bank.
How to Raise a Query in UPI
- User can raise a query for any transaction.
- Raise a query option is available under “Transaction” option once any transaction is selected.
- User has an option to enter the incident in the text box.
- Unique entry number will be generated for each query raised
- Reference no, status & date details are displayed under “Queries” option for already raised queries.