A PPF account can be opened in a Bank or at the post office. Hence, it is based on the bank or the post office’s facilities for you to be allowed to check your status or account balance for your PPF account online.
Checking Your PPF Account Balance at the Bank
You can usually go to the bank or its branches closest to you to check the same. However, there are a few things that you need to ensure:
- You will need to have a Savings account in the same bank you own a PPF account.
- You need to link your PPF account to your savings account in the bank to be able to check account details.
- You also have to make sure that your savings account is accessible online. Hence, you need to get your net banking username and password from the bank.
- In certain cases you also need to acquire a pin.
- Some banks even allow you to link your PPF accounts to your savings bank in another bank account such as ICICI Bank.
- You would also need to ensure that you have the online access to your account as well the facility to transfer funds to your PPF account, from your savings account.
- Toll free no.s, online banking and one on one modes of communication can be done to acquire all the access.
In the case you go to the bank to gain the access to your PPF account online or acquire the above requisites, you might have to fill out some forms or address a letter to the bank.
Checking Your PPF Account Balance at the Post Office
In the case of a post office, everything functions almost similarly,but here are some further information that will help you to check your PPF balance online on the bank portal or get information on your account at the post office:
- Online, the PF department is still in the development phase which means that several PF department at various places are not online. For Public Provident Fund balance online you need a to have your establishment code, your PF account number and the information gets displayed on the page.
- Note, for example If your PF number is KR/KK/126B/496 then the Establishment Code is 126 and the establishment extension is B.
- PPF account can be opened only at a head post office or sub post office where is PPF facilities are available.
Click here, to download the application form to open a PPF account with Indian Postal Service.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce PPF Account
- Bank Maharashtra PPF Account
- Dena Bank PPF Account
- Indian Overseas Bank PPF Account
- PNB PPF Account
- United Bank of India PPF Account
- SBH PPF Account
- SBM PPF Account
- SBT PPF Account
- SBBJ PPF Account
- SBP PPF Account
- Punjab And Sind Bank PPF Account
- UCO Bank PPF Account
- Age Limit for Public Provident Fund
- Deposit Limit for Public Provident Fund
- Loan Against PPF Account
- PPF Accout Opening Banks
- Know About ppf Lock in Period
- How to Change the Nominee Name in the PPF Account
- How to Revive a Dormant PPF Account
- Ppf Account Closing Form
- PPF Account for NRI in India
- PPF Death Claim Form
- Kow about Age Limit for PPF