A PPF account can be opened in a Bank or at the post office. Hence, it is based on the bank or the post office’s facilities for you to be allowed to check your status or account balance for your PPF account online.
Checking PPF Account Balance at Bank
You can usually go to the bank or its branches closest to you to check the same. However, there are a few things that you need to ensure:
- You will need to have a Savings account in the same bank you own a PPF account.
- You need to link your PPF account to your savings account in the bank to be able to check account details.
- You also have to make sure that your savings account is accessible online. Hence, you need to get your net banking username and password from the bank.
- In certain cases you also need to acquire a pin.
- Some banks even allow you to link your PPF accounts to your savings bank in another bank account such as ICICI Bank.
- You would also need to ensure that you have the online access to your account as well the facility to transfer funds to your PPF account, from your savings account.
- Toll free no.s, online banking and one on one modes of communication can be done to acquire all the access.
In the case you go to the bank to gain the access to your PPF account online or acquire the above requisites, you might have to fill out some PF Forms or address a letter to the bank.
Checking PPF Account Balance at Post Office
In the case of a post office, everything functions almost similarly, but here are some further information that will help you to check PPF account balance online on the bank portal or get information on your account at the post office:
- Online, the PF department is still in the development phase which means that several PF department at various places are not online. For Public Provident Fund balance online you need a to have your establishment code, your PF account number and the information gets displayed on the page.
- Note, for example If your PF number is KR/KK/126B/496 then the Establishment Code is 126 and the establishment extension is B.
- PPF account can be opened only at a head post office or sub post office where is PPF facilities are available.