To check the claim status online you must link the net banking system of your bank account with your PPF account. After that you can check that status online by logging into your account. The process is simple and easy to do.
The PPF scheme offers excellent benefits – it’s a retirement scheme that promises incredible investment growth and also works as a tax saving instrument.
Check PPF Claim Status Online
In order to check your PPF claim status online, you must:
- Intimate the bank to integrate your PPF account with the net banking system of that bank.
- Log into your account and begin the claim process.
- It must be kept in mind that the claim status can only be checked on only once you’ve logged into your account and started the claim process.
- Some banks only accept PPF deposits online, in this case, the PPF withdrawal claim can only be checked online.
- If the PPF account has been created in a post office, the claim status can be checked by a simple process of inquiring from the same post office.
It must be noted that withdrawal from the PPF account is subject to certain rules, which are:
- Partial withdrawals can be made, from the start of the 7th financial year after the account has been created.
- Only one partial withdrawal will be allowed every financial year (starting from the 7th financial year onwards).
- The amount that can be withdrawn is equal to the lower of:
- 50% of the account balance as at the end of the year immediately preceding the current year, or,
- 50% of the account balance as at the end of the 4th year, immediately preceding the current year.
- The full amount in your PPF account can only be withdrawn on maturity.
- The PPF account attains maturity in 15 years from the date on which it was created.
For example, Mr. A opens a PPF account in January, 2020.
- Year 1: April 2019 – March 2020 (Account opened within this timeframe – in January 2020).
- Year 2: April 2020 – March 2021.
- Year 3: April 2021 – March 2022 (This is the 4th year immediately preceeding the year in which withdrawals are possible, assuming Mr. A opted for withdrawal option as soon as he legally could. Mr. A can withdraw an amount equal to 50% of this amount if it is lower than that of “Year 6”).
- Year 4: April 2022 – March 2023.
- Year 5: April 2023 – March 2024.
- Year 6: April 2024 – March 2025 (This is the year immediately preceding the year in which withdrawals are possible, assuming Mr. A opted for the withdrawal option as soon as he legally could. Mr. A can withdraw an amount equal to 50% of this amount, if it is lower than that of “Year 3”).
- Year 7: April 2025 – April 2026 (Mr. A can begin withdrawing from his PPF account from this date).
PPF Claim in the case of the subscriber’s death
In the case of death of a Public Provident Fund (PPF) subscriber, the nominee of the account will be able to claim the remaining balance in the PPF account. In case there is no nominee for the account, the money is provided to the legal heir of the subscriber.
Either way, the claim process differs slightly. The paperwork and the documentation process are dependent on the nomination status of the PPF account. The steps listed below have to be followed to place a PPF claim in the case of a subscriber’s death:
Step 1: Whether a nominee has been assigned for the PPF account or not, the claim can be placed only through the submission of Form G. The form has to be duly filled up and submitted at the branch of the bank or post office where the PPF account was held.
Step 2: In case, the nomination had been registered by the PPF account holder before his or her death, the nominee can simply withdraw the money through the submission of Form G at the branch office.
Step 3: Submission of the proof of death of the account holder is also necessary.
Step 4: In case there is no nominee, the legal heir can withdraw the balance amount. In addition to the documents mentioned above, he or she will be required to submit a succession certificate or administration letter attached with the attested copies of probate issued by a court.
Once the documents mentioned above are submitted to the bank or post office branch office, the same will be verified and the money will be sanctioned if everything is in order.
PPF Top Pages
- PPF Balance
- PPF Online Payment
- PPF Deposit Limit
- PPF Calculator
- PPF Rules
- How to Open PPF Account Online
- PPF Interest Rate
- PPF Account Opening Form
- Change Nominee Name in PPF
- PPF Withdrawal Rules
- Axis Bank PPF Account
- Bank of Baroda PPF Account
- Central Bank of India PPF Account
- Union Bank ppf account
- PPF Deduction
- PPF Closure Form
- Check PPF Account Statement
PPF Other Pages
- SBI PPF Account
- ICICI bank PPF
- Bank of India PPF
- Canara Bank PPF
- Andhra Bank PPF
- Vijaya Bank PPF
- Oriental Bank of Commerce PPF
- Bank of Maharashtra PPF
- Dena Bank PPF
- United Bank of India PPF
- Punjab & Sind Bank PPF
- Age Limit for PPF
- Loan Against PPF Account
- PPF Transfer
- PPF Acccount for NRI
- PPF Death Claim Form
- Investment on PPF
- PPF Account Banks