The Regional Passport Office of Pune was set up in 1999 as a subordinate office of the Ministry of External Affairs under the supervision of the Central Passport Organization (CPO). The Pune RPO was created after the bifurcation of the Regional Passport Office of Mumbai. The Pune passport office manages the issuance of passport and travel document for the following 12 districts of Maharashtra. The Pune RPO is the designated Head of Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs).
In the year 2017 alone, the Pune Regional Passport Office issued passport and travel document related services to 3,53,511 applicants. The Pune passport office operates as per the rules and regulations of Passport Act 1967 and delegation of financial Power Rule, 1978.
Staff at Pune Passport Office
The RPO in Pune has a total of 45 officers and staff members. The hierarchy in the Pune RPO includes positions of Regional Passport Officer, Deputy Passport Officer, Asst. Passport Officer, Senior Superintendent and Superintendent.
Functions and Duties of Pune Passport Office
The Pune RPO carries out the following administrative functions related to passport services:
- Overseeing the operations of the Regional Passport Office.
- Maintaining personal files and service book of the Pune RPO.
- Publishing public notices, circulars, press statements, etc.
- Procurement of supplies to support operations of designated center/ offices.
- Organizing Independence and Republic day events.
- Creating reports to understand the passport activities trend in India and abroad.
Apart from the above functions, the Pune RPO carries out several other tasks and duties which are directed by the Ministry of External Affairs, under the Government of India.
Pune Passport Office Website
The Pune Regional Passport Office website - passportindia.gov.in, offers various passport-related information to applicants, governing bodies, issuers and media channels. Though the information on the website is regularly updated, the information provided is subject to change. It’s recommended that individuals verify the details/information before considering the usage of the details available on the website.
Applying for a Passport
The applicants from Pune need to fill and complete the online application on the official website - passportindia.gov.in and schedule an appointment for the submission of application and required documents. Also, applicants can pay the necessary fee online via several types of debit and credit cards. Once the registration process is completed and the application form is submitted online, the applicant will receive a unique Reference Number (ARN) to schedule an appointment to submit the passport application form.
The passport application process can be divided into the below steps:
- Application form and documents - The application for the Indian passport can be initiated by completing the form and submitting it to one of the PSKs. Post submission, the application will be verified to match the authenticity.
- Processing of the Passport Application - Post the payment of the required application fee (new or reissue of passport, duplicate copy for the lost/stolen/theft passports, regular/express service, or the application for a passport with 60 pages, etc.) the applicant will be provided with the ARN. Also, applicants are required to clear the police verifications in order to qualify for the passport.
- Issuance of the Passport - If the police verification is cleared successfully, the passport will be delivered to the applicant through registered post.
Steps to Submit Online Passport Application Form
- Register on www.passportindia.gov.in (existing user can sign in to continue).
- Click on ‘Apply for fresh passport/ normal/ express (Tatkal)’.
- Fill out the required application form and select ‘Submit’.
- Pay the required fee.
- Once the payment has gone through, you’ll be required to schedule an appointment to submit the documents.
- Once the appointment is scheduled, the ARN will be generated for your reference.
- Take a photocopy of the appointment receipt, which reflects the ARN as well.
- Visit the respective PSK or RPO to submit the required documents.
- Complete the police verification successfully.
- Receive your passport via registered post.
Documents Required for Application of a New Indian Passport
- Proof of Identity/ Address (POI/ POA) - Applicant can submit either the Birth Certificate, Voter ID, Ration Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Bank Passbook (Nationalized banks), School Leaving Certificate, Board or College Certificates.
- Additional Documents - Applicants may require submitting additional details or documents based on his/ her profile and other factors.
List of Holidays for the Passport Office
Apart from the below holidays, the RPO will remain closed on National Holidays - Republic Day (26 January), Independence Day (15 August) and Gandhi Jayanti (2 October).
|02 March 2018||Holi|
|29 March 2018||Mahavir Jayanti|
|30 March 2018||Good Friday|
|30 April 2018||Buddha Purnima|
|16 June 2018||Eid-Ul-Fitr|
|22 August 2018||Id Ul Zuha(Bakrid)|
|03 September 2018||Janmashtami|
|13 September 2018||Ganesh Chaturthi|
|20 September 2018||Muharram|
|19 October 2018||Dussehra (Vijayadashami)|
|07 November 2018||Diwali (Deepavali)|
|21 November 2018||Milad Un Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammad)|
|23 November 2018||Guru Nanak Birthday|
|25 December 2018||Christmas Day|
Contact Pune Regional Passport Office
Pune RPO Address:
Name of RPO - Shri Anant Shankar Takwale
Address - Zero One, S. No. 79/1, Ghorpadi - Mundhwa Road, Pingle Wasti, Opp. Ganga Orchid, Pune - 411036
Telephone Number - 020-25675421,25675422
Email ID - email@example.com
Fax No. - 020-25679961
Public Grievances Cell (HQ)
Name of APO - Smt. Vinita Sinha
Address - Assistant Passport Officer (PG), CPV Division, Ministry of External Affairs, Room No. 24, Patiala House, Tilak Marg, New Delhi - 110001
Telephone No. - +91 11 23384497/23384519
Email id. - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax No. - +91-11-23384461
National Call Centre/ IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System)
Call 1800-258-1800 to speak to a Citizen Service Executive between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. or call anytime for the Automated Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) which is available 24/7.
Social Media Links:
Read More About Other Passport Related Pages
- Indian Passport
- Applying for Passport Services
- Apply for Passport Online
- Apply for Passport Offline
- PSK Passport Applications
- Passport Forms
- Fill Passport Application Form
- Track Passport Application Status
- ECR ECNR Status
- RTI and Passport
- Police Verification
- Diplomatic Passport
- Tatkal Passport
- Student Passport
- Passport Renewal
- Passport Reissue
- Duplicate Passport
- Documents Required for Indian Passport