The Maldives is a popular destination among Indians due to the beautiful beaches that are present in the country. The country is known for its clean air and natural environment. Some of the main activities that individuals can indulge in are fishing, scuba diving, jet-skiing, swimming, and snorkeling.
A pre-arrival visa is not required for Indians who wish to travel to the Maldives. Visa on arrival is provided and no charges are levied. However, a valid passport is required to travel to the Maldives. Details of the passport and visa requirements are given below;
- A valid passport is required to visit the country.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date the individual arrives in the country.
- A pre-arrival visa is not required.
- Visa on arrival is offered.
- No charges need to be paid for visa on arrival.
- The tenure of a tourist visa is 30 days.
- No processing time since visa on arrival is provided.
Documents Required for Tourist Visa
The list of the documents that must be submitted when you apply for a tourist visa are mentioned below:
- Hotel booking confirmation.
- A passport that is valid for 6 months from the date you arrive in the country.
- Return flight tickets from the Maldives to India.