According to the Motor Vehicle’s Act, it is mandatory that all vehicles must be registered before it can be used on Indian roads. Failure to register the vehicle will lead to fines being levied. The Transport Department can maintain all details of the vehicle only once the registration process is complete.
Types of Vehicle Registration – Madhya Pradesh
The two different types of vehicle registration are mentioned below:
- Permanent Registration: According to Motor Vehicle’s Act, the vehicle can be used on roads only if the permanent registration process has been completed. You must visit the RTO office in the city to complete the registration process.
- Temporary Registration: In case you are moving to another state, a temporary registration can be done. However, a temporary registration is valid only for a month, post which, permanent registration must be completed.
Vehicle Registration – Madhya Pradesh
The procedure to register your vehicle by visiting an RTO in Madhya Pradesh is mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest RTO. You can find the RTO contacts on http://www.transport.mp.gov.in/about-us/officers-directory.
- Submit the relevant application forms (Form 21, Form 21, Form 22, and Form 22A) along with the necessary documents. The application forms can be obtained at the RTO or can be downloaded online as well.
- Once the documents and application forms have been submitted, the relevant fee must be paid.
- The engine number and chassis number must be mentioned in the forms.
- Once the inspection has been completed, the registration number will be provided.
- You can collect the Registration Certificate (RC) from the RTO.
The list of documents that must be submitted at the RTO are mentioned below:
- Manufacturer invoice or dealer invoice
- Form 60 and Form 61 or Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card
- Registration fee
- Road tax
- Form 34 that is signed by the financer and owner
- Proof of address (attested copy)
- Insurance copy of the vehicle (attested copy)
- Form 22 that has been issued by the manufacturer
- Form 21 that has been issued by the vehicle dealer
- Form 20 with the engine number and chassis number mentioned on it
FAQs on Register a Vehicle in Madhya Pradesh RTO
- Is the Certificate of Registration valid all over India?
Yes, the Certificate of Registration is valid all over India.
- How long is the Certificate of Registration valid for in the case of non-transport vehicles?
In the case of non-transport vehicles, the Certificate of Registration is valid for 15 years.
- How long is the Certificate of Registration valid for in the case of transport vehicles?
In the case of transport vehicles, the Certificate of Registration is valid for 2 years. Following the 2 years, the owner of the vehicle must ensure the fitness check is done each year.
- What documents must be submitted in order to get the No Objection Certificate?
You must submit the application form, address proof, and RC to get the No Objection Certificate.
- How long is the Driving License valid for in the case of transport vehicles?
The Driving Licence is valid for three years in the case of transport vehicles.